How to transfer funds between your own accounts
You can make an International Payment using Online Banking if you are registered for Westpac Protect SMS® Code.
- Sign in to Online Banking
- Select 'Make a payment' from the Overview screen.
- Select the International tab on the Make a payment screen
- Select 'Create new payee'
- In the Payee details section, International will be preselected in the Payment method drop down list, Select the country.
- In the Bank details section you'll be asked to enter either the IBAN (International bank account number), ABA routing, Bank and branch, IFSC or SWIFT/BIC based on the country selected. Select Look up. If you don't have the information required check with your payee. In some cases you can proceed with a SWIFT/BIC code.
- In the Payee details section enter the account name, account number and payee address (payee address is optional).
- In the Payment details section enter a payee nickname and the payment description (optional). Select Confirm.
- You'll be returned to the Make a payment screen. The payee details you have just entered will be selected.
- To continue with your International Payment, select the From account. You may enter a Description for the payment (optional).
- Select the appropriate currency
- Enter the amount
- Enter the date for the payment and the payment frequency. Please note: if the payment is future dated, you will need to confirm the exchange rate on the payment date.
- Select Continue.
- Review the payment details and select Continue. If the International Payment is dated for today, the Accept rate and submit payment screen displays. Select Confirm. If the International Payment is scheduled for a future date, the Future dated payments screen displays. Ensure you read and understand the rate information and select Confirm.
- You will be sent an SMS protect code to your registered device. Enter the SMS code and select 'Authorise'.
- Your payment is complete. If you wish to keep a copy of your receipt, you may choose to print it, save it as a PDF or email it.
You can make a Pay Anyone payment using Online Banking, Mobile Banking or Tablet Banking if you are registered for Westpac Protect SMS® Code.
Sign in to Online Banking.
Select 'Transfer funds' from the Payments drop down menu.
Select the account that you want to transfer ‘From’.
Select the account that you want to transfer ‘To’.
Enter your payment details.
Choose your payment frequency and select 'Continue'.
Review your funds transfer details and select ‘Confirm’.
Your funds transfer is complete. If you wish to keep a copy of your receipt, you may choose to print it, save it as a PDF or email it.
To make a transfer via the Westpac iPad app
1. Sign in to the Westpac iPad app
2. Tap on the account that you wish to transfer From
3. Drag the account tile towards the account that you wish to transfer To (until you see a blue coin icon) and drop the coin icon on that account.
4. Complete the following information:
- Amount to be transferred
- From description (optional)
- To description (optional)
- Payment date.
5. Then tap Transfer Funds to finish.
To make a transfer via the Westpac Mobile Banking app
To make a transfer via Mobile Banking:
- Sign in to Westpac Mobile Banking
- Select Transfer funds from the top left hand side
- Select the account you want to transfer From
- Select the account you want to transfer To
- Enter the amount and tap Continue
- Tap Confirm after checking all the details are correct