Why Westpac Share Trading?
- Enjoy low brokerage starting from $19.95 or 0.11% of trade value (whichever is greater)^ with a Westpac Cash Investment Account
- Invest in over 2,200 Australian shares (ASX and Chi-X), as well as global markets, ETFs, bonds and more
- Trade on the go with the Westpac Online Investing app
- Contact our dedicated support team by email or phone, Mon-Fri, 8am-7pm
Market news and research
Stay up to date with the latest information on the shares you own, as well as the latest market information.
Free conditional orders
Tools to help lock in potential gains and limit potential for losses.
Advanced charting tools
Identify trading opportunities and compare stock performances with our advanced, interactive charting tools.
Customised trading alerts
Get real-time updates on market activity with unlimited free alerts.
Market news and research
When you’re trading, knowledge is extremely valuable. All Westpac Share Trading customers can stay informed with the help of our complimentary news and research services.
- Daily Share Tracker – keeps you up to date on the shares you own
- Morningstar news feed – includes investment ideas, research, economic and market updates, and videos
- Westpac IQ – our complete source of global financial insights, helping you navigate the effects of events in any corner of the world
- Recommendations and analysis on S&P/ASX 50
- Company research tools, including advanced search functionality.
Free conditional orders
Don’t miss out because you weren’t watching the market. Conditional trading allows you to automatically place buy or sell orders after specified ‘triggers’ are met.
- Choose from 6 conditional order types
- When you set the price for your orders you can also select a trading volume and/or time constraint
- Receive email and SMS notifications when orders are placed
- Orders can be cancelled at any time and remain active for up to 12 months.
If you already have a Westpac Share Trading account, log in and subscribe now for conditional orders.
Advanced charting tools
Use our complimentary charting tools to identify trading opportunities. Charts are customisable to suit your needs, so you can display as much or as little information as you like.
- Track share prices over time and against other stocks, commodities or indices
- Customise your timeframes
- Explore the data with a range of indicators and overlays
- Flexible chart styles – mountain, line chart, candlestick, open high/low close, or % change.
Save time monitoring the market by subscribing to our free email and push notification alerts.
- Choose from a range of alert types – price, volume, company announcements, and ex-dividend alerts
- It's easy to subscribe, manage and cancel your alerts via the Westpac Share Trading website or our mobile app
Trading on the go
Manage your portfolio and trade anywhere, anytime, with the Westpac Online Investing app – our smartphone-optimised trading platform.
- iPhone™ and Android™ ready
- Trade shares, warrants and ETFs
- View, create and edit watchlists
- View, amend or cancel outstanding orders
- Get free, unlimited alerts
- Access live quotes, exchange rates, charts and news
- View live balances for integrated cash accounts.
Integrated cash management
By linking your Westpac Share Trading account with our Cash Investment Account or Online Investing Loan you can enjoy low brokerage rates starting from $19.95 or 0.11% (whichever is greater)^.
- Earn a competitive base interest rate on your balance, plus 0.40% p.a. variable bonus interest for each calendar month if you settle three or more ASX trades in that month*.
- No set-up or account service fees
- Free electronic transactions
- Free dividend direction service
- Integrated with your Westpac Online Banking
Westpac Cash Investment Account interest rates
Interest is calculated daily using a tiered interest rate, meaning the particular interest rate that applies to you will depend on the daily closing balance of your Cash Investment Account.
|Account balance||Variable interest rate|
|$100,000.01 - $250,000||
|$50,000.01 - $100,000||
|$20,000.01 - $50,000||
|$10,000.01 - $20,000||
|$0 - $10,000||0.05% p.a.|
|Bonus interest rate|
|For balances of $5 million or less*||0.40% p.a.|
If you already have a Westpac Online Investing Account, you can log in and convert your settlement option to the Cash Investment Account.
If you settle to an integrated Westpac Investment Loan Account:
- Receive preferential variable and fixed rates on your investment loan
- Borrow up to $500,000^^ using the 100 ASX-listed shares or a range of Exchange Traded Funds or Managed Funds as security
- 24/7 access, flexible repayments and no application, set-up or transaction fees.
There’s no set-up fee for Westpac Share Trading. Settlement fees vary depending on trade value and settlement account.
|Settlement account||Settlement fee|
|Westpac Cash Investment Account||$19.95 or 0.11% of trade value (whichever is greater)|
|Westpac Investment Loan Account||$19.95 or 0.11% of trade value (whichever is greater)|
|Any Australian bank account||$29.95 or 0.29% of trade value, whichever is greater (excludes ETOs and Global Markets)|
How to apply
Choose how you want to settle (pay for) your trades:
Things you should know
*For full details, please refer to the and the Westpac Securities Limited and Australian Investment Exchange Limited Financial Services Guides. In order to be eligible to receive bonus interest for a calendar month, you must settle three or more ASX trades via your linked Westpac Online Investing account within the calendar month. The bonus interest will be paid in addition to the tiered interest paid to your account. Please note settlement for ASX trades occur two business days after trade execution. Bonus interest will be paid on the last business day of the month and is calculated daily using the closing balance of your account on the last business day of the previous month and on each calendar day thereafter up to and including the second last business day of the current month. Bonus Interest will only be paid on balances of $5 million or less.
^ Trade online from $19.95 or 0.11% of the trade value (whichever is greater) when you settle through a Westpac Cash Investment Account, Westpac Online Investing Loan, or DIY Super Working Account. Please refer to the for full brokerage rates. The Westpac Cash Investment Account and Online Banking are issued by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714. Conditions, fees and charges apply. Read the before deciding.
^^ Lending criteria applies.
More about Westpac Share Trading
Westpac Share Trading is a service provided through Westpac Securities Limited ABN 39 087 924 221, AFSL 233723 ("Westpac Securities") is a service provided by Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 ("the Participant"), a participant of the ASX Group and Chi-X Australia. The Participant is not authorised to carry on business in any jurisdiction other than Australia. Accordingly, the information contained in this website is directed to and available for Australian residents only
Know your risk and check the details
Investment in securities and derivatives involves risk. Share prices rise and fall. The payment of dividends and the return of capital are not guaranteed. This information has been prepared without taking account of the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular individual.
For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
You should also read the , which provides you with the services the Participant and Westpac Securities can provide. In addition, you should read all relevant Product Disclosure Statements or disclosure documents. You can access the FSG via .
Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 tries to ensure that the information provided is complete and correct but readers are advised to check any important item(s) with us before making any decisions.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Watch is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android™ and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.