Westpac Online Investment Loan
Designed for direct investors, and integrated with a Westpac Share Trading account, our simplified margin loan may help you build a diversified share portfolio.
- Integrate your loan with a Westpac Share Trading account
- Simplified share trading loan providing you with a complete picture of your borrowings and shares in the one place
- Borrow against a range of approved securities including Listed Shares, Exchange Traded Funds and Managed Funds
- 24/7 access, flexible repayments and no application, establishment or transaction fees
- Receive preferential variable and fixed rates
- Trade from $19.95 or 0.11% of the trade value (whichever is greater)^
- Trade on the go through desktop computer, phone or tablet
- Newsfeeds and ASX announcements.
For more information on gearing and margin loans read:
A BT Margin Loan may be more appropriate for investors wanting to borrow to invest in a wider range of shares and managed funds. Find out more
You can save time and money by setting up an integrated Westpac Share Trading and Investment Loan account, and settling directly to your investment loan.
Other features include:
Who can borrow to invest?
- Individuals and joint borrowers.
- Receive preferential variable and fixed rates.
- Interest and other costs could be tax deductible. It may be possible to bring forward a tax deduction by prepaying interest.
- Prepaying your interest before the end of the financial year can help you manage your cashflow.
- No application or establishment fee.
Loan-to-Value Ratio (LVRs)
- The LVR determines the amount Westpac Online Investment Loan will let you borrow against an individual security. With Westpac Online Investment Loan, LVRs are up to 75%, depending on the particular security.
Minimum loan amount
- No transaction limits, no minimum amounts for loan drawdowns or repayments.
Tools to manage your loan
- Monitor and transact on your loan account online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The complete picture of your borrowings and shares in the one place
- Specialist Investment Loan Customer Service available Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 6.30pm (Sydney time) on 1300 551 744.
Key risks include
- While borrowing to invest in shares and managed funds increases your potential returns, it can also increase potential losses
- In a volatile market, the value of your investment loan portfolio may fall to a level where it no longer provides adequate security for your investment loan and can trigger a margin call. If this happens you will be required to bring your loan balance back under your borrowing limit.
- The margin loan is a full recourse loan - even if the value of your security portfolio falls to zero, you are still liable to repay the total loan balance outstanding
- We recommend you seek independent financial and taxation advice before acting on this information.
Please refer to the Westpac Online Investment Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
Things you should know
^ Trade online from $19.95 or 0.11% of the trade value (whichever is greater) when you settle through a Westpac Cash Investment Account, Westpac Online Investment Loan or DIY Super Working Account. Please refer to the for full brokerage rates. The Westpac Cash Investment Account and Online Banking are issued by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233713. Conditions, fees and charges apply. Read the before deciding.
Westpac Share Trading is a service provided through Westpac Securities Limited ABN 39 087 924 221, AFSL 233723 ('Westpac Securities') by Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 ('the Participant'), a participant of the ASX Group and Cboe Australia. The Participant is not authorised to carry on business in any jurisdiction other than Australia. Accordingly, the information contained in this email is directed to and available for Australian residents only. You should read the Financial Services Guide ('FSG'), which provides you with the services the Participant and Westpac Securities can provide. You can access the FSG via westpac.com.au/onlineinvesting. This information has been prepared without taking account of your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. For this reason, before acting on the information you should consider whether it is appropriate to you. Investment in securities and derivatives involves risk. Share prices rise and fall. The payment of dividends and the return of capital are not guaranteed.
BT Securities Limited ABN 84 000 720 114 and Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 are together the issuers of the Westpac Online Investment Loan - Product Disclosure Statement ('PDS'). This information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. For this reason, before acting on the information you should consider its appropriateness to your objectives, financial situation and needs and consider the disclosure documents which include the PDS. The PDS and other disclosure documents are relevant when deciding whether to acquire or hold this product and are available at westpac.com.au.