Westpac Cash Investment Account
The Westpac Cash Investment Account has been designed with Westpac share investors in mind by offering access to low brokerage, competitive interest rates, convenient features and seamless trade settlements.
- Enjoy our lowest brokerage rate starting from $19.95 when you settle your trades through a Westpac Cash Investment Account.
- Receive a competitive at-call interest rate with interest calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Earn bonus interest (currently 0.40% p.a.) when you settle three or more trades in a calendar month. 1
- No minimum account balance is required to earn standard and bonus interest.
No monthly account service fee
- No monthly account service fee and free electronic transactions. 2
- 24/7 access to your account via Online Banking and Mobile Banking. 3
- View your available funds when placing a trade.
- Enjoy the benefit of having one account to manage your investment cash flows.
- Option to participate in our Dividend Direction Service. Save time and enjoy the convenience of your Westpac Cash Investment Account being automatically nominated to receive your dividends.
Things you should know
Westpac Share Trading is a service provided through Westpac Securities Limited ABN 39 087 924 221, AFSL 233723 ("Westpac Securities") is a service provided by Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 ("the Participant"), a market Participant of the Australian Securities Exchange Limited (ASX) and Chi-X Australia Pty Ltd, a clearing participant of ASX Clear Pty Limited and a settlement participant of ASX Settlement Pty Limited. The Participant is not authorised to carry on business in any jurisdiction other than Australia. Accordingly, the information contained in this website is directed to and available for Australian residents only.
This information has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 tries to ensure that the information provided is complete and correct but readers are advised to check any important item(s) with us before making any decisions.
The Westpac Cash Investment Account and Online Banking are issued by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233713. Conditions, fees and charges apply. Read the before deciding.
To view PDF files you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Use Adobe's online PDF conversion tools to convert to another format.
1 In order to be eligible to receive Bonus Interest, you must settle three or more ASX Trades via your linked Westpac Online Investing account within one calendar month. The Bonus Interest will be paid in addition to the tiered interest paid to your account. Please note settlement for ASX Trades occur two business days after trade execution.
Bonus Interest will be paid on the last business day of the month and is calculated daily using the closing balance of your account on the last business day of the previous month and on each calendar day thereafter up to and including the second last business day of the current month.
Bonus Interest will be paid on balances of $5 million or less.
"ASX Trades" means trades in Australian shares, options, warrants, Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) and Exchange Traded Commodities (ETC). International Equity and International Option trades are excluded.
3 Subject to system availability and maintenance.