Unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance^ across 176 countries, for an enhanced peace of mind.
Comprehensive Plan Single/Duo (per person)
Domestic Plan Single/Duo (per person)
Essentials Plan Single/Duo (per person)
Multi-Trip Plan Single
|Cancellation fees and lost deposit||Unlimited||Unlimited||$10,000||Unlimited|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Unlimited||-||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited||-||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Hospital cash allowance||$5,000||-||-||$5,000|
|Loss of income||$10,400||-||-||$10,400|
|Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques||$5,000||-||-||$5,000|
|Theft of cash||$250||$250||-||$250|
|Luggage and personal effects||$10,000||$10,000||$3,000||$10,000|
|Luggage and personal effects delay expenses||$500||$500||$250||$500|
|Travel delay expenses||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Alternative transport expenses||$5,000||-||-||$5,000|
|Personal liability||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million|
|Rental vehicle excess||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000|
This information about Westpac Travel Insurance and the benefits available under the policy is a summary only. Like all insurance, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. You should consider whether this insurance product is suitable for your circumstances and always read the for Comprehensive, Domestic, Essentials and Multi-Trip Insurance.
Call 1800 502 077 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call +617 3305 7499 anytime and reverse charges
- Email: email@example.com or
- Fax: on +617 3305 7016.
Please note, if your property is stolen or maliciously damaged, in order to satisfy a claim under the policy, you must report this to the local police or local Government authority within 24 hours and obtain a copy of their report. If a report is not made, the claim will not be paid.
Lost or damaged property
If property is lost or stolen you must report the loss or damage to the police or your transport provider within 24 hours of becoming aware of it and obtain a written copy of the report.
Things you might need to provide
When claiming, you must give the insurer all the information and documentation they may request in order to properly assess any claim. Depending on the type of claim, this may include, but is not limited to, medical evidence, police reports, receipts, invoices, airline, train or bus tickets and luggage tags.
How to submit a travel insurance claim
To save you time, we’ve made our travel insurance claims process as straightforward as possible. Simply follow the steps below.
- Go to the Travel Claims website
- Log in using your Westpac travel insurance policy number, surname and date of birth
- Download, print and complete the relevant sections of the travel insurance claim form
- Attach any supporting documentation, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, etc. The travel insurance claim form will tell you what is required
- Email, fax or post your completed claim form and supporting documentation to:
Fax: +617 3305 7016
Post: Westpac Travel Insurance
PO Box 162
Toowong Qld 4066
If you are submitting original documents with your travel insurance claim, please remember to keep copies for your records.
Help with a travel insurance claim
- Call 1800 502 077 within Australia
- Call +617 3305 7499 anytime and reverse charges if overseas.
Credit card travel insurance claims
Learn more about making a claim on the Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance policy, available with some credit cards.
Things you should know
^Emergency medical assistance available on Comprehensive, Essential and Multi-Trip policies. Not available on Domestic policies.
Travel Insurance is issued by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance), as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.