Why choose Westpac Car Insurance
Westpac has a great range of features and benefits designed to suit customers with different needs.
We offer flexibility so you can choose to manage your car insurance in a way that suits you.
Choice of covers
Choose between Comprehensive and Third Party Property Damage cover
Choice of repairer
You can choose your own repairer, at no extra cost
24/7 claims support
We’ll do what we can to help support you every step of the way
Flexible payment options
Manage your budget – pay by the month at no extra cost^
Choose your car insurance cover
Our comparison table provides a summary of the key features and benefits which can help assist in finding car insurance that may suit your needs.
Third Party Property Damage Cover
|Legal liability up to $20 million|
|Legal liability cover up to $20 million when using a substitute vehicle|
|Legal costs in defending claims covered by the policy|
Choosing your own repairer
A Safe Driver Discount for eligible drivers#
|Loss or damage to your car caused by an at fault uninsured driver||Up to market value of $5,000|
|Accidental loss of or damage to your vehicle|
|New replacement car if your new car (less than two years old from original registration) is a total loss #Conditions apply. Please refer to the PDS
|Cost of emergency repairs after a covered accident||Up to $500|
|30 day car rental following theft||Up to $100 per day for up to 30 days
|Child seat or baby capsule||Up to $500|
|Personal effects and clothing damaged in an accident or stolen from your locked vehicle||Up to $1,000|
|Emergency accommodation and travelling expenses||Up to $1,000 if more than 100km from home|
|Transportation costs if your vehicle cannot be driven home after an accident||Up to $500|
|Reasonable cost of towing after a covered incident
|Trailer and Caravan cover||Lesser of $1,000 or market value|
|Lock re-keying / re-coding||Up to $1,000|
|Temporary cover on replacement vehicle - 14 days
Optional benefits for Comprehensive Cover
- Rental car after accident, up to $100 per day for up to 30 days
- Up to $3,000 cover for tools of trade
- Removal of basic excess for 1 windscreen replacement and 2 repairs in each period of insurance
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
* You can save up to 25% is a combination of three discounts: save up to 10% on your first year’s premium for buying a new policy online, save up to 10% Safe Driver Discount for eligible drivers and save up to 5.8% when selecting the Named Driver Option and listing all your drivers on the policy. These discounts do not apply to Third Party Property Damage policies. If you choose to reduce your premium by naming drivers on your policy, an unnamed driver will incur a $2,500 excess (this replaces the basic and all other excesses where applicable). Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements. Any online discount offered is applied to our standard rates. Discounts may not be applied to the premium for optional covers. The online discount applies to new Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only in the first year (unless stated otherwise). Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance via other methods. The Safe Driver Discount applies to eligible Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only. Any discount entitlement is determined by the insurance and driving histories of all drivers on the policy and the number of claims made by them.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
# Safe Driver Discount applies to Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only. Any discount entitlement is determined by the insurance history and driving history of all drivers on the policy and the number of claims made by them. If eligible, the maximum Safe Driver Discount that may be applied on new policies is up to 10%.
Westpac Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the and the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077 if you would like to understand more about Westpac Car Insurance product features.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.