What type of Car Insurance are you looking for?
Why choose Westpac Car Insurance
Choice of repairer
You can choose your own repairer, at no extra cost1
24/7 claims lodgement
We’ll do what we can to help support you every step of the way
Flexible payment options
Manage your budget – pay by the month at no extra cost3
Frequently asked questions
Westpac Comprehensive Car Insurance offers either agreed value or market value cover.
- "Agreed value" means the amount the insurer agrees to insure your vehicle up to as shown in your current schedule.
- "Market value" means the cost to replace your vehicle with a vehicle of the same make, model, age and condition as your vehicle immediately prior to the loss or damage but excluding costs and charges for vehicle registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty transfer, dealer warranty costs or transfer fees.
To determine the market value, the insurer may refer to an accepted motor vehicle valuation guide used by the motor industry.
Opting to increase your basic excess can reduce your premium for Comprehensive Cover. An excess is the amount payable by you when making a claim.
You may also be able to save on your premium when you select the Named Driver Option and list all your drivers under a Westpac Comprehensive Motor Insurance policy3.
The insurer can assist you in selecting a suitable repairer to repair the damage to your vehicle; however you also can choose your own repairer1.
In both instances the insurer will work closely with the repairer to strive to achieve the best repair outcome for you however the insurer may require a second quotation from a repairer chosen by them.
The insurer guarantees materials and workmanship on repairs the insurer authorises for as long as you own or lease your vehicle. This guarantee is not transferable.
If your car is stolen, the insurer will arrange for you to be provided with a rental car for a maximum of 30 days up to $100 per day, if we have accepted your claim for theft of your vehicle under Comprehensive cover only. You also have the option to add a rental car benefit to your comprehensive policy, which provides rental car cover in the event of an accident, also for a maximum of 30 days up to $100 per day, if we have accepted your claim.
The insurer will cover you for personal effects and clothing belonging to you, your spouse, your de facto or dependent children under comprehensive car insurance policies which are:
- damaged in a collision involving your vehicle,
- stolen from your vehicle which was locked, or
- stolen at the same time as your vehicle.
The insurer may choose to pay the amount of the loss or damage, or repair or replace the personal effect or item of clothing.
The maximum the insurer will pay in respect of any one accident or theft is $1,000.
Save up to 15%* with Comprehensive Car Insurance online
Eligible safe drivers can save up to 15% in the first year when buying a new comprehensive car insurance policy online.
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
*Save up to 15% on Comprehensive Motor Insurance is a combination of two discounts: 10% on your first year’s premium when buying a new policy online, and 0-10% Safe Driver Discount (SDD), based on the driving history of all drivers named on the policy. Save up to 15% discount is based on data which shows a substantial proportion of customers will receive a 5% SDD on their premiums. If you are eligible for more than one discount, we apply each of them in a predetermined order (excluding taxes and government charges). This means the effect of applying any subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the combined effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means you will not see the full benefit of both discounts. Discounts may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance via other methods. Discounts do not apply to the premium for optional covers. If you would like more information, please refer to the for further details.
1. Allianz may authorise repairs by your chosen repairer or pay your reasonable repair costs or the car's agreed or market value.
2. Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
3. Reduce your premium by listing your drivers. If you choose to reduce your premium by naming drivers on your policy, an unnamed driver will incur a $2,500 excess (this replaces the basic and all other excesses where applicable). Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, each of them are applied in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements. Discounts may not be applied to the premium for optional covers.
Westpac Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the and the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077 if you would like to understand more about Westpac Car Insurance product features.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.