Caravan and Trailer Insurance
The below 'Essentials' is a summary only. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the PDS.
Caravan and Trailer Insurance offers:
- Legal liability cover of up to $20 million
- Cover for accidental loss of or damage to your caravan or trailer Australia-wide
- Up to $1,000 cover for accidental loss (including theft) of or damage to contents contained in your caravan caused by a covered accident or theft
- Reimbursement of up to $500 for any one accident for emergency repairs necessary to enable you to tow your caravan or trailer to its intended destination after a covered accident
- Cover for reasonable towing costs for your caravan or trailer after a covered accident
- Option to pay by the month at no extra cost.^
The below ‘Features' is a summary only. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the PDS.
- Replacement of new caravan or trailer4 where available – if your caravan or trailer was purchased new by you from the manufacturer or their dealer and it becomes a total loss within the first 2 years of the starting date of the original registration, it will be replaced with a new caravan or trailer of the same make, model and series so long as it is available in Australia
- Option to increase your caravan contents cover5 – including camping furniture, bedding, utensils, crockery, provisions, household goods, clothing, and personal effects contained in your caravan
- Legal liability – up to $20 million cover for your legal liability for loss of or damage to other people’s property through an accident arising out of the use of your caravan or trailer
- Emergency repairs – reimbursement of up to $500 for any one accident for the cost of emergency repairs necessary to enable you to tow your caravan or trailer to its intended destination after a covered accident
- Emergency accommodation – cover for reasonable accommodation expenses incurred by you up to $100 per day, up to $1,000 in total, as a result of a covered accident provided your caravan was more than 100km from where it’s usually parked at night.
How to apply
Keep your caravan and trailer covered from the unexpected. Applying for caravan and trailer insurance is easy.
To obtain a PDS, or to get a quote
- Call 1800 502 077, Monday to Friday 8am – 9pm and Saturday 8am – 5pm (Sydney time) to speak to a caravan and trailer insurance specialist
Things you should know
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
4. Subject to availability. If a replacement caravan or trailer is not available, you will be paid the nominated value of the caravan or trailer, being a reasonable sum that fairly represents the value of the caravan or trailer.
5. Subject to underwriting limits.
Caravan and Trailer Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) refers clients to Allianz for their caravan and trailer insurance needs, but does not guarantee the insurance. If you take out Caravan and Trailer Insurance with Allianz, the Bank will receive a commission of 10% of the premium (exclusive of GST).
This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. Read the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please call 1800 502 077 for the target market determination.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.