Save up to 25% when you quote and buy Home and Contents Insurance online
Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine home and contents at the same address under the one policy.
What type of insurance cover do you need?
Underinsurance is when your insured amount isn’t enough to cover the cost of rebuilding your home. Receive an estimate on the cost to rebuild your home at today’s prices using the Home Building Insurance Calculator.
Details on the benefits paid for your building sum insured are available in the PDS. Calculators on our website are intended as a guide only.
Local consultants with you every step of the way
Allow 15 minutes to lodge your claim online and get instant confirmation. We will reach out in 3 business days to confirm the details and process your claim.
"After the Townsville floods, Westpac really helped me, they’ve rung me to check on me and I know there were so many claims but I didn’t feel like just a number.”
Merran Matheson, Deputy Principal, Townsville.
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
~ The Building and Contents calculators available through our websites are intended as a guide only. For a more accurate rebuilding cost, consider obtaining a professional valuation from a licensed builder or professional valuer.
* Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.
1. Safety net of between 5% and 30% of your sum insured, depending on your type of cover.
2. If your home is unliveable we will cover up to $10,000 (Essential Care) or up to 10% of the sum insured for up to 12 months (under Quality or Premier Care) for similar alternative accommodation.
3. A Landlord Extras claim will only be paid if you’re able to provide certain documents and evidence such as:
- A written rental agreement
- A documented booking confirmation (for casually-let properties)
- Documented property inspection reports.
The rental agreement should state the term of the lease, the amount of rent and bond payable by the tenant/s.
Home and Contents Insurance and Landlord Insurance are issued by Allianz Australia General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319, which is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz Insurance). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 arranges the insurance under a distribution arrangement with Allianz Insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1300 650 255 or visit westpac.com.au/insurance.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit www.westpac.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.