Important notice to our customers
Westpac Group has announced an agreement with Allianz to continue to help us provide our customers with general insurance products.
If you are an existing Westpac insurance customer, you may be wondering what this means for you. Our agreement with Allianz means we will be able to continue to support our customers with their insurance needs and there is no change to your current Westpac insurance policy or any claim that may be in progress as a result of this announcement.
See our FAQs to learn more.
Save up to 25% when you quote and buy Home and Contents Insurance online
Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine home and contents at the same address under the one policy.
What type of insurance cover do you need?
Underinsurance is when your insured amount isn’t enough to cover the cost of rebuilding your home. Receive an estimate on the cost to rebuild your home at today’s prices using the Home Building Insurance Calculator.
Details on the benefits paid for your building sum insured are available in the PDS. Calculators on our website are intended as a guide only.
Local consultants with you every step of the way
Allow 15 minutes to lodge your claim online and get instant confirmation. We will reach out in 3 business days to confirm the details and process your claim.
"After the Townsville floods, Westpac really helped me, they’ve rung me to check on me and I know there were so many claims but I didn’t feel like just a number.”
Merran Matheson, Deputy Principal, Townsville.
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
~ The Building and Contents calculators available through our websites are intended as a guide only. For a more accurate rebuilding cost, consider obtaining a professional valuation from a licensed builder or professional valuer.
* Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.
1. Safety net of between 5% and 30% of your sum insured, depending on your type of cover.
2. If your home is unliveable we will cover up to $10,000 (Essential Care) or up to 10% of the sum insured for up to 12 months (under Quality or Premier Care) for similar alternative accommodation.
3. A Landlord Extras claim will only be paid if you’re able to provide certain documents and evidence such as:
- A written rental agreement
- A documented booking confirmation (for casually-let properties)
- Documented property inspection reports.
The rental agreement should state the term of the lease, the amount of rent and bond payable by the tenant/s.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) can arrange the following insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance:
Home and Contents Insurance and Landlord Insurance, which are issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). View the Home and Contents Insurance Key Fact Sheets.
This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement to see if the insurance is right for you.