Paying your credit card with Card Autopay
You can take the hassle out of making credit card repayments by setting up an automatic payment from an Australian savings or transaction account to pay your credit card each month. You can choose to pay:
- The full closing balance
- The minimum payment due each month, as shown on your monthly credit card statement
- A percentage of the closing balance
- A set amount of the closing balance1.
How to set up Card AutoPay
Online setup of Card Autopay is available for customers with a transaction account in their sole name. Coming soon – online setup from joint accounts and home loans with redraw.
To set up Card Autopay from your own Westpac account to your credit card:
- Sign in to Online Banking,
Step 1. Go to the Services and preferences menu and select Services from the drop down menu
Step 2. Select Manage Card Autopay from the Card Services menu
Step 3. Complete the required details to set up Card Autopay. Select an account to Pay from and your preferred Autopay option. You will need to set up Card Autopay for each individual Westpac credit card you have.
- Call us on 1300 651 089 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week).
- If you’re setting up Autopay from a non-Westpac account, fill in the and take it to any Westpac branch (don’t forget your ID)
Is there a fee for using Card Autopay?
No. Card AutoPay is a free service and you are free to change or cancel your Card Autopay at any time (notice periods apply).
How long does it take to start?
It takes 1 full statement cycle for Card Autopay to start.
Things you should know
* Westpac Online Banking registration required. Refer to the Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
1. Available at most ATMs.
2. A fixed dollar or percentage of your monthly credit card statement “closing balance” will be paid. If the “closing balance” is less than your nominated amount, only the “closing balance” will be paid. If your nominated amount falls below the “minimum payment due”, Westpac will debit the “minimum payment due”.