What is the New Payments Platform (NPP)?
It can be frustrating waiting up to 3 business days for money to move from one bank account to another when you need to receive money or pay a friend, family member or a business.
Westpac is one of 13 financial institutions to build the New Payments Platform that will help make payments faster and easier in Australia.
- Fast: You’ll be able to make payments in near real-time, with funds being almost instantly available to the payee
- 24/7: Fast payments are available between participating banks in Australia 24/7, 365 days a year, including weekends and public holidays
- Simple: You’ll be able to get paid or send money to someone without having to remember BSB or account details even if they bank with someone else
- Data-rich: You can include more information with payments – you’ll be able to include 280 characters of text with your payment
- Secure: NPP payments are subject to Westpac’s own real-time fraud screening and detection capabilities.
Soon you’ll be able to link a PayID to your eligible bank account. We’ll let you know when this becomes available.