Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to access and inclusion page Skip to search input


What do I do if I make an incorrect PayID® or Osko® payment?

You can request a payment recall or trace on your PayID and Osko payment through Online Banking or the Westpac App.


A payment recall is where we try to get the money back in the instance where a payment has been made to the incorrect account or a duplicate payment has been made. A payment trace is where we find the account the money has been paid into in the instance where a payee says they have not received the payment.


We cannot guarantee that a payment recall will be successful as it is dependent on several factors including the receiving bank agreeing to return the funds.


After submitting a payment recall or trace request, we typically have an outcome within two weeks although in some cases it may take up to four weeks.

How to submit a payment recall or trace request

  1. Sign into Online Banking or the Westpac App
  2. Click on the transaction you would like to recall or trace
  3. Scroll down and click on Report this transaction
  4. Answer all the questions, when you are finished click Submit.