I can see my card in my Garmin but the transaction is declining. Why?
If your Garmin Pay transaction is declined, check if the message ‘Verification Needed’ appears on the card in the Garmin Pay wallet section of the Garmin Connect Mobile app. If that message is displayed, you’ll need to complete verification by requesting a one-time passcode. You will not be able to use Garmin Pay until you have completed verification.
Some other possible reasons why the transaction is declined even though the card still appears in the Garmin smart watch include:
- The payment amount is greater than $100 and the contactless terminal did not prompt you for a physical card PIN
- An incorrect PIN has been entered at the terminal
- Your card is not activated, has been blocked, or closed
- Your card has expired and you have not yet activated your re-issued card
- Your card or the transaction account has insufficient funds for the transaction
- You have reached your set daily payment limit
- The terminal does not support contactless payments