I can see my card in my Garmin but the transaction is declining. Why?
If your Garmin Pay transaction is declined, check if the message ‘Verification Needed’ appears on the card in the Garmin Connect Mobile app. If that message appears you’ll need to complete verification by requesting a one-time passcode. You will not be able to use Garmin Pay until you have completed verification.
Some other possible reasons for why the transaction is declining even though the mobile card still appears in the Garmin smart watch include:
- The payment amount is greater than $100 and no physical card PIN was required at the contactless terminal;
- Incorrect PIN has been entered at the terminal;
- The plastic card has been closed;
- There’s a block on the card;
- The card has expired;
- The card has insufficient funds for the transaction;
- Controlled Credit Spend is switched on for your credit car.