EFTPOS monthly pricing plans
How does it work?
The monthly plan fee covers:
- Monthly EFTPOS rental
- Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions up to an agreed monthly limit (if you exceed the transactions limit, you’ll need to pay additional turnover fees).
Other fees may be charged for:
- AMEX, JCB and Union Pay transactions
- Additional EFTPOS terminals
- For Presto Smart only, voice and key authorisation (key = $0.66 and voice = $2.75 per authorsiation, where required)
- For Presto Smart only, stationery
- Dispute investigations ($33 per chargeback)
- Loss/damage fees (max. $550 per EFTPOS machine).
It all depends on your usage and circumstances1.
To be eligible for the Monthly Pricing Plan, you must hold and settle your takings into a Westpac business transaction account in the same name as the Merchant Facility.
Here’s a guide to some of the costs you can expect to pay:
1. Choose a plan based on your likely monthly turnover2
|Monthly plan fee
(eftpos, Visa & Mastercard)
- Add up to $11 a month for a POS integrated solution3 (Presto Smart)
- Plans include Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions only
- Plans can be changed at any time with no lock-in contracts4
- Customised plans are available for higher turnovers. Request a callback
2. Additional turnover and card fees
- 1.5% fee if you exceed the transaction limit of your Monthly Pricing Plan
- Additional fees for AMEX, JCB and Union Pay transactions.
3. Additional EFTPOS machines
Monthly Pricing Plans include one EFTPOS machine in one location. Additional fees apply for extra EFTPOS machines. Please request a callback for details of additional machine costs.
4. One-off establishment fee
$82.50 standard establishment fee (currently waived)5.
Things you should know
Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request.
* 'Included value' means the total maximum dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions that can be processed through your Merchant Facility per calendar month on your Monthly Pricing Plan. If this included value is exceeded in a calendar month, a 1.5% fee applies to the total dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions processed that exceeds this included value. Other card types are not included in the Monthly Pricing Plans (Amex, JCB and UnionPay cards) and are subject to separate pricing.
2. To be eligible for the Westpac Monthly Pricing Plan you must hold and settle into a Westpac business transaction account in the same name as the Merchant Facility. Not available for use outside of the indirect tax zone. One terminal per Monthly Pricing Plan.
3. The Point of Sale solutions are supplied by POS Providers, not Westpac. Westpac does not guarantee or endorse those products and any related services. View our list of POS partners to find out if Presto Smart works with your system.
4. Changes to Monthly Pricing Plans must be requested at least two Business Days before the end of the month. Requests received after this time may not take effect until the month following the requested month. Business Day means any day when Westpac is open for business in any State or Territory of Australia.
5. The Establishment Fee will be waived for successful application for a new Merchant Facility with an EFTPOS Now, EFTPOS 1 or Presto Smart terminal on a Monthly Pricing Plan. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.