Compare EFTPOS machines
Get help finding the best type of EFTPOS machine for your business.
Common questions about EFTPOS machines
This will depend on your specific business needs. You may want an EFTPOS machine that integrates with your Point of Sale (POS) system, so you don’t need to manually key-in the amount to be paid. Alternatively, you may be happy with a standalone terminal that accepts EFTPOS payments at a fixed location, or has wireless portability for at-table payments.
Whatever EFTPOS machine you choose, make sure you do your research to find the best payment solution for your business. Here are 8 questions to consider when shopping for an EFTPOS machine.
- Decide if you want to integrate your EFTPOS with a Point of Sale (POS) system
- Compare fees – you may wish to choose a monthly plan that has no cost to switch as your business grows or experiences seasonal downturns
- Think about ease of use and simplicity of training
- Check for backup connectivity, which guards against network outages
- Consider battery life
- Check how long it will take for your takings to actually get into your bank account
- Ask how long delivery and set-up takes and if there is a charge for both
- Make sure your supplier offers adequate support.
- You can find out if your POS is compatible with Presto Smart.
- The Point of Sale solutions are supplied by POS Providers, not Westpac. Westpac does not guarantee or endorse those products and any related services.
- Subject to Westpac approval. This functionality is POS dependent.
- Westpac instant settlement functionality is not available between 9:30pm and 11:59pm (EFTPOS 1 and Presto Smart terminals) and between 9:30pm and 11:00pm (EFTPOS Connect terminals) - Sydney time. You can only settle a Westpac issued EFTPOS terminal once each day. Subject to system availability, settlement can take place 7 days a week. Settlement must be to a Westpac business transaction account. Instant Settlement functionality is not available on Corporate Online. Instant Settlement is only available for Mastercard, Visa and eftpos transactions (plus UnionPay if using EFTPOS Connect).
- Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card, and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Read the Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
- Read the Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Samsung Pay you will need to use a compatible phone with a supported operating system. Internet connection may be needed to make payments using Samsung Pay and normal mobile data charges apply.
- If you want to accept American Express, you'll need to call 1300 363 614 to enter into a separate merchant agreement with American Express.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and use of the mark by Westpac is under license.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express.