Compare EFTPOS machines
Get help finding the best type of EFTPOS machine for your business.
Common questions about EFTPOS machines
A key difference between EFTPOS machines is that some integrate with Point of Sale (POS) systems and some are standalone, meaning you manually key-in the amount to be paid.
All our EFTPOS machines are simple, reliable, secure and easy to use. Our payment solutions offer instant settlement (to a Westpac business transaction account) for your daily business takings and 24/7 technical support. So, whether your business accepts EFTPOS payments at the counter or on the move, we’ve got you covered.
- You can find out if your POS is compatible with Presto Smart.
- The Point of Sale solutions are supplied by POS Providers, not Westpac. Westpac does not guarantee or endorse those products and any related services.
- Subject to Westpac approval. This functionality is POS dependent.
- Westpac instant settlement functionality is not available between 9:30 pm and 11:59 pm (EFTPOS 1 and Presto Smart terminals) and between 9:30 pm and 11:00 pm (EFTPOS Now and EFTPOS Connect terminals) - Sydney time. You can only perform a settlement once a day, before 9:30 pm (Sydney time). A settlement done after 11:00 pm for EFTPOS Now and EFTPOS Connect terminals and after 11:59 pm for EFTPOS 1 and Presto Smart terminals, will be processed as a settlement for the next day. Subject to system availability, settlement can take place 7 days a week. Settlement must be to an eligible Westpac transaction account. Instant Settlement functionality is not available on Corporate Online. Instant Settlement is only available for Mastercard, Visa and eftpos transactions (plus UnionPay if using EFTPOS Connect).
- Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card, and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Read the Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
- Read the Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Samsung Pay you will need to use a compatible phone with a supported operating system. Internet connection may be needed to make payments using Samsung Pay and normal mobile data charges apply.
- If you want to accept American Express, you'll need to call 1300 363 614 to enter into a separate merchant agreement with American Express.
- If you want to accept Diners Club payments, you'll need to call 1300 360 060 to enter into a separate agreement with Diners Club.
- Our 1.2% flat transaction rate does not apply to American Express, Diners Club and JCB cards.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and use of the mark by Westpac is under license.
UnionPay is a registered trademark of China Union Pay Co., Ltd.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express.