The smart terminal that grows with your business
Need added functionality? Take all the best features of EFTPOS Now and boost it with the Presto app, integrating your point of sale (POS) system for flexible, portable and convenient payments.
Common questions about EFTPOS machines
A key difference between EFTPOS machines is that some integrate with point of sale (POS) systems and some are standalone, meaning you manually key-in the amount to be paid. Westpac also offers the EFTPOS Air app, which allows payments to be taken on compatible phones and tablets8. The mobile app has built-in POS features included at no extra cost.
All our EFTPOS machines are simple, reliable, secure and easy to use. They offer instant settlement (to a Westpac business transaction account) for your daily business takings and 24/7 technical support. The EFTPOS Air app offers same day settlement.
So, whether your business accepts EFTPOS payments at the counter or on the move, we’ve got you covered.
- You can find out if your POS is compatible with EFTPOS Now with Presto or Presto Smart.
- The Point of Sale solutions are supplied by POS Providers, not us. We do not guarantee or endorse those products and any related services.
- Subject to our approval. This functionality is POS dependent.
- Westpac instant settlement functionality is not available between 9:30 pm and 11:59 pm (Presto Smart terminals) and between 9:30 pm and 11:00 pm (EFTPOS Now, EFTPOS Now with Presto, EFTPOS Flex and EFTPOS Connect terminals) - Sydney time. You can only perform a settlement once a day, before 9:30 pm (Sydney time). A settlement done after 11:00 pm for EFTPOS Now, EFTPOS Now with Presto, EFTPOS Flex and EFTPOS Connect terminals and after 11:59 pm for Presto Smart terminals, will be processed as a settlement for the next day. Subject to system availability, settlement can take place 7 days a week. Settlement must be to an eligible Westpac transaction account. Instant Settlement functionality is not available on Corporate Online. Instant Settlement is only available for Mastercard®, Visa® and eftpos transactions (plus UnionPay if using EFTPOS Connect).
- If you want to accept American Express or JCB payments, you'll need to call 1300 363 614 to enter into a separate merchant agreement with American Express or JCB.
- If you want to accept Diners Club payments, you'll need to call 1300 360 060 to enter into a separate agreement with Diners Club.
- Our 1.2% flat transaction rate applies to eftpos, Mastercard®, Visa and UnionPay but not to American Express, Diners Club or JCB cards. A 1.4% EFTPOS Air flat rate applies to eftpos, Mastercard® and Visa payments only, by card, mobile wallet or wearable.
- Compatibility: To use EFTPOS Air your iPhone or Android device will need to be Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled and running on one of the supported iPhone Operating System (iOS) or Android Operating Systems (OS), listed at visit https://help.eftposair.westpac.com.au/compatibility/, which may change from time to time. Tap to Pay on iPhone requires iPhone XS or later running iOS 16.4 or later and a supported payment app. Some contactless cards may not be accepted by your payment app.
- This functionality is POS dependent
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and use of the mark by Westpac is under license.
UnionPay is a trademark of UnionPay International Co. Ltd.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express.
Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Pay™ is a trademark of Google LLC.