Pay to Mobile
Why Pay to Mobile?
- Pay someone on the go: All you need is their Australian Mobile Number and for them to have an Australian bank account to receive the funds.
- Get paid direct: If you’re a Westpac customer, you can use Pay to Mobile to receive payments which are paid straight into your nominated Westpac account. All you need to do is activate Pay to Mobile.
Getting started with Pay to Mobile
- You can do this in Online Banking – Pay to Mobile is no longer available in the latest versions of the Westpac App, however mobile number PayID is available.
- First time users need to activate Pay to Mobile. You’ll be prompted to do this when creating your first Pay to Mobile payment.
How to activate Pay to Mobile
- Confirm the mobile number registered for Westpac Protect™ Security Code
- Enter the SMS code sent to your mobile
- Select the account you want to receive Pay to Mobile
How do I make a Pay to Mobile payment?
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
Pay to Mobile isn't available on the new Westpac App, however mobile number PayID is available.
- Tap Pay in the bar menu
- Select From account
- Tap Choose a payee
- Select a Mobile payee or + Add a new mobile payee
- Enter the Amount, tap Continue then Confirm
- If the Payee is set up for Pay to Mobile, the payment will transfer instantly
In Online Banking
- Go to Payments > Make a payment
- Select Mobile and select an existing Mobile Payee or Create a new payee
- Select the From account
- Enter the Amount and select Continue
- Review the payment details and select Confirm
Collecting Pay to Mobile payments
Collecting your mobile payment is simple and secure. All you need is an Australian bank account - you don’t need to be a Westpac customer.
To be able to collect a payment you’ll need:
- The payment code and collection details (sent by the person who paid you)
- Your Australian mobile number the payment was made to
- The BSB and account number of your Australian bank account.
You have until midnight (Sydney time) 3 days after the date the payment was created to collect the payment from westpac.com.au/collect payment.
If your claim of the payment is successful, the payment will generally be credited to your account within 3 business days. If you are not a Westpac customer, processing of the receipt by your financial institution may be different.
If the payment is unsuccessful, or if you wish to dispute the amount, you’ll need to contact the payer.
Things you should know
By setting up Pay to Mobile, you are agreeing to the Pay to Mobile - Collection Terms and Conditions
Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers.
Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply. Westpac branch and banker locations are available within Australia only. Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA ATM locations are available within Australia, and Global Alliance ATMs are available worldwide.
Read the Westpac Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you. This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness for the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
Westpac's security guarantee
To enjoy the benefit of our security guarantee, you need to comply with Westpac's Online Banking Terms and Conditions. Read the detail about your access codes, passwords and SecurID tokens. Always adhere to manufacturers’ software and support to ensure your mobile devices are covered by the latest software and security updates.