How to make a new BPAY payment
To make a BPAY payment to a new BPAY biller, you will need to be registered for Westpac Protect SMS Code.
- Look for the distinctive BPAY® logo on your bills.
- Sign in to Online Banking.
- Select 'Make a Payment' from the Overview screen.
- Select the BPAY® tab on the Make a payment screen
- Select 'Create new payee'.
- BPAY® will be preselected in the payment method drop down menu. Enter the 'Biller code' found on your bill. Select 'Look up biller' and select the correct biller.
- Enter your customer reference number on your bill, and give the biller a nickname if required. Select 'Confirm'.
- Your new BPAY® biller has now been added to your payee list. Enter your payment details.
- Choose your payment frequency and select Continue.
- Review your payment details and select 'Confirm'.
- You will be sent an SMS protect code to your registered device. Enter the SMS code and select 'Authorise'.
- Your BPAY payment is complete. If you wish to keep a copy of your receipt, you may choose to print it, save it as a PDF or email it.