- Pay someone on the go: All you need is their Australian mobile phone number and for them to have an Australian bank account to receive the funds
- Get paid direct: If you're a Westpac customer, you can use Pay to Mobile to receive payments which are paid straight into your nominated Westpac account. All you need to do is activate Pay to Mobile.
- First time users need to activate Pay to Mobile. You’ll be prompted to do this when creating your first Pay to Mobile payment
- You can also activate by tapping Pay to Mobile settings under Account services in the left hand menu in the mobile banking app or go to Services & preferences > Services in Online Banking.
How to activate Pay to Mobile
- Confirm the mobile number that you have previously registered for Westpac SMS ProtectTM
- Using the SMS code, confirm your mobile number
- Choose an account to receive Pay to Mobile payments (sent to your SMS Protect mobile number) directly from other Westpac, BankSA, St.George and Bank of Melbourne Pay to Mobile customers.
How do I make a Pay to Mobile payment?
Making a Pay to Mobile payment is similar to making a Pay Anyone payment.
From the Payments menu, select Make a payment
Either create a new Mobile payee or select an existing Mobile payee from the Mobile tab
Choose your From account
In the Payment details section, complete the Amount and select Continue
Review the payment details and Confirm. You'll receive confirmation of your payment and the funds will be withdrawn from your account
If the payee has activated Pay to Mobile, the funds will appear directly in their account
If they have not activated Pay to Mobile or if they are not a Westpac customer, you’ll receive a payment code and details to share with the payee. Do not share these details with anyone else.
Collecting Pay to Mobile payments
Collecting your mobile payment is simple and secure. All you need is an Australian bank account - you don’t need to be a Westpac customer. Here’s how it works:
To be able to collect a payment you’ll need:
- The payment code and collection details (sent by the person who paid you)
- Your Australian mobile number the payment was made to
- The BSB and account number of your Australian bank account.
You have until midnight (Sydney time) 3 days after the date the payment was created to collect the payment from westpac.com.au/collectpayment.
If your claim of the payment is successful, the payment will generally be credited to your account within 3 business days. If you are not a Westpac customer, processing of the receipt by your financial institution may be different.
If the payment is unsuccessful, or if you wish to dispute the amount, you’ll need to contact the payer.
Learn more about
Things you should know
Please read the Pay to Mobile Collection Terms and Conditions
Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers.
Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply. Westpac branch and banker locations are available within Australia only. Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA ATM locations are available within Australia, and Global Alliance ATMs are available worldwide.
Westpac's security guarantee
To enjoy the benefit of our security guarantee, you need to comply with Westpac's Online BankingTerms and Conditions. Read the detail about your access codes, passwords and SecurID tokens. Always adhere to manufacturers’ software and support to ensure your mobile devices are covered by the latest software and security updates.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.