Pay bills online with BPAY®
What is BPAY®?
BPAY® is a service that allows you to securely manage and pay your bills online 24/7
- Pay bills to over 45,000 businesses in Australia
- Pay by Phone Banking, Online Banking, or in the Westpac App¹
- Avoid waiting in queues to pay your bills
- Schedule recurring BPAY® payments or choose a date in advance to make a payment
- Store biller details so you can quickly pay next time
- With BPAY View®, you can receive bills in Online or Mobile Banking, with the option to pay straight away or schedule payment for later*
To make payments to a BPAY® Biller
You’ll need to register for Westpac Protect™ Security Code
How to Pay by BPAY®
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Search BPAY® in the Smart Search bar
- Tap Pay payees & billers
- Tap Billers to view BPAY® billers or tap Add to add a new BPAY biller
- Follow the prompts to complete your payment
In Online Banking
- Go to Payments > Make a payment
- Under Pay to, select BPAY®
- Select an existing biller from the drop-down menu or select Pay new payee to add a new biller
- To add a new biller, enter the Biller code located on your bill and select Look up biller
- Select the biller code from drop-down menu
- Enter your Customer reference number located on your bill
- In From account select the account you want to pay from and then enter a description that will appear on your statement
- Enter the payment amount and select the payment date
- Choose the payment frequency and select Continue
- Review your payment details and when you’re ready, select Confirm
- Your BPAY® payment is now complete. If you want to keep a copy of your receipt, you can choose to print, save as a PDF or email it.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your payment is made before 6pm (AEST) on a banking business day, it will be processed that day. The biller should receive the payment the next banking business day.
If you make a payment after 6pm (AEST) on a banking business day, or on a weekend or public holiday, the payment will be processed the next banking business day.
Things you should know
Read the at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
1. Account holders under 14 years old cannot make BPAY Payments in Online Banking. They can make BPAY payments through Telephone Banking.
*If BPAY View is offered by the Biller. Account holders under 14 years old cannot use BPAY View.
®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.