Pay the simple way
Travelling light and want to stay contact-free? Try linking your eligible Westpac Mastercard® debit or credit card or personal Handycard to Apple Pay.
Set up your digital wallet with a compatible iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac, or iPad in just a few steps.
Device-specific numbers and unique transaction codes help keep your card and personal details secure.
Make payments for any amount in-store, in-app, and online using Face ID or Touch ID.
Where to pay
Use Apple Pay wherever you see one of these symbols.
In apps and on the web
Setting up Apple Pay
Via Apple Wallet on your iPhone
- Open the Wallet app
- Tap + in the top right corner of your screen and follow the prompts
Via the Westpac App on your iPhone
- Sign into the Westpac App and search Apple Pay in the Smart Search bar
- Tap Add to Apple Pay, then swipe to select the card you want to add
- Tap Add to Apple Wallet and follow the prompts
For your Apple Watch
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Tap Wallet & Apple Pay
- Tap Add Card and follow the prompts
Using Apple Pay
Shop in-app or on your Safari web browser and select Apple Pay at the checkout. To complete the payment:
- On your iPhone or iPad: Use Face ID or Touch ID
- On your MacBook: Use Touch ID on the Touch Bar
- On other compatible Macs: Use your iPhone or Apple Watch
Your eligible debit Mastercard will default to the Mastercard network for payments. To change the default network:
- On your iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap on your card, tap the … button in the top right hand corner, then choose the payment network.
- On your Apple Watch: Double-press the side button and select your card, then firmly press the display and select the payment network.
If you’ve got an eligible Handycard eftpos card with one or multiple accounts, you can also use it on Apple Pay.
Things you should know:
*Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card, and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPass™ is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.