Say hello to your new Life account
What's the difference between Bump and Life?
When you turn 18, your Bump account automatically becomes a Westpac Life account. If you have a signatory on your account (such as your parents or guardians) they’ll be removed and your new Life account will be all your own. You don’t need to do a thing. The switch between accounts will happen automatically.
A Life account is like a grown-up version of your Bump account. It has all the same good things such as no account fees, personalised savings goals and a mobile app – plus an extra Spend&Save feature to help boost your savings.
Earn up to 5.20% p.a. on your savings* with Spend&Save bonus interest
How your interest adds up
|Earn a standard variable base rate on your savings:||2.00% p.a.|
|Get a bonus each month you grow your savings:1||3.00% p.a.|
|Get a bonus for 5+ debit card uses a month:2
|Total interest including bonuses:||5.20% p.a.*|
All interest rates are variable and subject to change. Spend&Save applies to eligible card purchases only and to balances held in Life accounts up to $30,000. The 0.20% p.a. bonus does not apply to amounts above that balance.
Find out more
Your new Life account can help you hit your savings goals
Set up to six savings goals
Saving for more than one thing? Bucket your savings into up to 6 different goals with just the one account.^
Put your savings on autopilot
Make saving easier by setting up recurring transfers from your Choice account after every payday.
Track your savings on the go
With the Westpac App, you can check your balance and savings progress anywhere, anytime.
You can make payments with3
Get access to exclusive offers and discounts
Your Westpac Choice account is more than just a bank account – it also gives you easy access to exclusive discounts across a vast range of retailers. We’ve partnered with some major brands to provide you with savings across travel, entertainment, fashion, your everyday shopping, and more
Our range of discounts are regularly updated, to bring you seasonal and limited time offers.4 To find out what offers are currently available – simply sign in to Online Banking and go to Rewards & Offers
Fees & Rates
|Westpac Life savings account||$0|
|Westpac Choice bank account||$5 (criteria for fee waiver below)|
This fee is waived for:
Want to build some serious money skills?
Want to know how superannuation works, what’s involved with doing a tax return or need some tips to set up a successful budget? We’ve teamed up with Year13 to build FinLit, to equip you with the knowledge you’ll need to navigate the world of money.
* Total variable interest: total variable interest consists of two parts: Westpac Life variable interest and Spend&Save bonus variable interest. To earn the total variable interest, you must meet the criteria for both parts.
2. Spend&Save bonus variable interest:
- You must be aged 18-29 with a Westpac Life and a Westpac Choice account – both in the same name. Joint accounts are not eligible.
- If you have multiple Westpac Life or Choice accounts, only the earliest opened account is eligible.
- You must make 5 eligible purchases with the debit card linked to your Westpac Choice account and have these settled (not pending) within a calendar month. The following transactions are ineligible: ATM transactions, PayID, BPAY, EFTPOS cash-out only transactions, direct debits and paying off a credit card account.
- For bonus interest qualification, a month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the prior month to close of business on the last business day of the current month. Bonus interest is calculated on the daily balance of your eligible Westpac Life account up to $30,000, and paid to your eligible Westpac Life account by the 20th day of the following month.
- If your eligible Westpac Life account is closed before 21st day of the following month, the bonus interest will not be paid.
- Only one Spend&Save bonus interest offer per customer.
- Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time in accordance with the
Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co.
Beem It is a facility provided by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 and made available through its authorised representative, Digital Wallet Pty Ltd ABN 93 624 272 475. Before downloading the app please consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions, available at beemit.com.au. As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider the facility's appropriateness to your circumstances. Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read relevant terms and conditions available at westpac.com.au. Fees and charges apply and may change. A Debit Mastercard attached to a Westpac Choice account is required to use the Beem It app.
Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit card withdrawals. A list of Global Alliance members is available. To ensure access to savings and/or cheque account funds when overseas obtain a Debit Mastercard®.