Online savings account
Introductory bonus interest
0.25% p.a. for the first 5 months for new Westpac eSaver customers
- 0.20% p.a. 5 month introductory fixed rate
- 0.05% p.a. Standard variable rate
Why open an eSaver account?
- Competitive interest rate on savings
- No Account-Keeping Fee 2
- Unlimited access via a linked Westpac Choice account (if you don't have one, we'll open one for you)
- No minimum deposit or monthly balance
- New Westpac eSaver customers receive an introductory fixed bonus rate on top of the standard variable rate for the first 5 months.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions3
Protected by the Financial Claims Scheme
Deposits to this account and other eligible Westpac accounts are guaranteed by the Australian Government up to a total of $250,000 under the Financial Claims Scheme4
Westpac Protect SMS code
Increase your online banking security by using your mobile to confirm certain transactions via SMS.
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Westpac eSaver||Westpac Choice|
|Domestic ATM Transactions5||$0||$0|
|Branch staff assisted withdrawal||$0||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (automated)||$0||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (non-automated)||$0||$0|
|Point of Sale (POS) transactions - All transactions conducted at a POS terminal||$0||$0|
|Online banking (including mobile banking) fees||$0||$0|
Overseas fees apply to Westpac Choice account only.
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||Depends on transaction type - see below|
Foreign Transaction Fee
a) 3% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 1% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee); or
b) 2.2% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located in Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 0.2% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee).
Global Alliance Partners
For more information on participating Global Alliance Partners in designated countries, see Accessing your accounts overseas.
Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money from linked Westpac account via credit card, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®. Go to our Debit Mastercard page or visit a Westpac branch. Terms and Conditions and Fees and charges may apply.
Things you should know
2. Westpac everyday account: To open a Westpac eSaver account, you must hold a Westpac everyday account. Fees and charges apply on a Westpac everyday account.
3. Safe Online Banking guarantee: ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the Westpac for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
4. Financial Claims Scheme: payments under the FCS are subject to a limit for each depositor. For more information visit www.fcs.gov.au.
5. Non-Westpac Group branded ATMs: may apply an operator fee by the ATM owner for a balance enquiry or cash withdrawal made, which should be disclosed at the time of the transaction on the ATM screen. This fee is debited on the day (or next business day) of the transaction and is itemised separately on your statement.