Online savings account
Limited time online offer - earn up to 5.00% p.a. total intro fixed rate
Are you new to eSaver? Open up an eSaver account online and earn up to 5.00% p.a. for the first 5 months
- The total introductory rate of 5.00% p.a. for the first 5 months is a combination of an introductory fixed interest rate of 3.55% p.a. and an online bonus rate of 0.35% p.a. on top of the standard variable rate, currently 1.10% p.a.
- Online bonus offer available from 17/11/2023 for a limited time only. Only available for new eSaver accounts opened online by sole applicants who have never held an eSaver account before.
Total introductory interest
4.65% p.a. for the first 5 months for new Westpac eSaver customers
- 3.55% p.a. 5 month introductory fixed rate
- 1.10% p.a. standard variable base rate
Why open an eSaver account?
- Competitive interest rate on savings
- No Account-Keeping Fee 2
- Unlimited access via a linked Westpac Choice account (if you don't have one, we'll open one for you)
- No minimum deposit or monthly balance
- New Westpac eSaver customers receive an introductory fixed rate on top of the standard variable rate for the first 5 months.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions3
Protected by the Financial Claims Scheme
Deposits to this account and other eligible Westpac accounts are guaranteed by the Australian Government up to a total of $250,000 under the Financial Claims Scheme4
Westpac Protect™ Security Code
Increase your Online Banking security by using your Security Code to confirm certain transactions via the Westpac App or SMS.
|Introductory special rate for the first 5 months|
|Total introductory variable rate||4.65% p.a.|
|5 month introductory fixed rate||3.55% p.a.|
|Standard variable rate||1.10% p.a.|
When does the introductory special rate apply?
An introductory fixed rate of 3.55% p.a. applies for the first 5 months, on top of the standard variable rate when you are a new Westpac eSaver customer.
After 5 months, the standard variable interest rate, currently 1.10% p.a. will apply to your eSaver account.
When is interest paid to my eSaver account?
Interest is paid on the last business day of each calendar month.
Balances in your account on or after the last business day won't be included in the interest calculation for that month but will be included in the interest calculation for the following month. Balances include deposits made to your account.
Things you should know
2. Westpac everyday account: To open a Westpac eSaver account, you must hold a Westpac everyday account. Fees and charges apply on a Westpac everyday account.
3. Safe Online Banking guarantee: ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the Westpac for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
4. Financial Claims Scheme: payments under the FCS are subject to a limit for each depositor. For more information visit www.fcs.gov.au.
5. Non-Westpac Group branded ATMs: may apply an operator fee by the ATM owner for a balance enquiry or cash withdrawal made, which should be disclosed at the time of the transaction on the ATM screen. This fee is debited on the day (or next business day) of the transaction and is itemised separately on your statement.