Total and permanent disablement
Helps maintain your family lifestyle by helping pay for medical treatments if you become totally and permanently disabled or partially and permanently disabled.
TPD insurance is available through BT Protection Plans and pays a lump sum if you become totally and permanently disabled.
You can apply for cover up to $5 million depending on your occupation, duties and income.
If you become partially and permanently disabled, we will pay a partial benefit, equal to 25% of the TPD benefit, up to a maximum of $500,000.
You can choose between four different types of TPD cover (definitions):
- Own occupation TPD
- Any occupation TPD
- Home duties TPD
- General cover TPD
Each TPD definition offers cover for a different purpose. Please read the PDS to choose the TPD definition suitable for your individual needs.
Flexible level of cover
You have the option to increase or decrease cover to ensure the policy continues to suit your needs, no matter what life stage you're at.
- TPD insurance can be added to Term Life insurance or taken as a standalone policy
- Your policy is guaranteed renewable (as long as premiums are met) and your sum insured automatically increases annually in line with any CPI changes, unless you request otherwise
- Apply from age 15 to 59. Cover can continue to age 99 (see 'Features' for conditions)
- A dedicated consultant to make any claims experience as easy as possible
- Loyalty beneﬁt if you hold a policy for 3 or more years
- Worldwide cover – 24 hours a day.
A 5% multi-policy discount applies if you’re covered by more than one eligible BT Protection Plan policy.
BT Protection Plans offer a comprehensive range of flexible insurance options that can provide protection throughout the different stages of your life.
Below is a summary of the different types of cover available and how they may be able to help. Please see the PDS for full terms and conditions.
|Type of cover||How it can help|
1. Needlestick Benefit and Children's Benefit Policies are only available if you hold another Protection Plans Policy.
Please note: Living Insurance, Needlestick Benefit and Children's Benefit are not available within superannuation, however these benefits can be added as a linked policy and held outside superannuation.
Need business insurance?
Things you should know
A target market determination has been made for Protection Plans products. Please visit westpac.com.au/tmd for any of our target market determinations.
The Insurer and Issuer is Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 AFSL 233728, except for Term Life as Superannuation, Income Protection as Superannuation and Income Protection Assured as Superannuation, issued by BT Funds Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458 AFSL 233724 as Trustee of Retirement Wrap ABN 39 827 542 991. They are subsidiaries of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714, who does not guarantee the insurance.