What is the widget and how does it work?
A widget is a shortcut button designed to let you see certain app information on your home screen. For the new Pay feature, this information is a tile from the card carousel showing your most recently used card. If you tap the widget, it will take you straight into the app. To set up the widget:
- From your phone's home screen, tap 'Apps'
- Select the 'Widgets' tab at the top of the screen
- Scroll through the widgets available until you find 'Payment Widget' with the Westpac Pay logo
- Tap and hold the widget to place it on your home screen
- The Pay widget should now show your most recently used card.