PayID® Fast and Secure payments for your business
What is PayID?
A fast, easy and secure way to pay and get paid
- PayID allows you to receive payments into your business bank account, using just your mobile number or ABN instead of a BSB and account number.
- Register your mobile number or ABN as your business PayID and let customers know they can pay you using PayID. That’s all they need to make payments straight into your linked business bank account.
How will PayID help my business?
Get paid fast1. PayID payments between participating banks are real time, 24/7.
Easy to remember
Make it easier for your customers to pay by providing your mobile number or ABN, instead of your BSB and account number.
Simple set up with no fees
PayID is simple and free to set up in Online Banking or the Westpac App, and there are no fees for you or your customer to use it.
Easy to reconcile
Customers can provide detailed payment descriptions of up to 280 characters allowing you to easily reconcile your accounts.
Reduce payment errors
Reduces risk of payments being sent to the wrong account, as your business name appears on the customers screen before they send the payment.
Helps prevent scams
The customer can see your business/account name before paying, which can help prevent scams that intercept invoices and update payment details.
How to receive payments with PayID
1. Ask to be paid by PayID using your mobile number or ABN (whichever you’ve registered)
2. Your customer selects the PayID payment option in online or mobile banking with their participating bank, and enters your PayID number and the amount
3. Your business/account name appears before payment confirmation, so the customer knows the payment is going to you
4. The funds are securely transferred straight into your linked business account
5. If you’ve set up payment notifications you’ll get notified of the incoming payment.
How to make payments with PayID
1. Sign into Online Banking or the Westpac App and go to the payment section
2. Add a new PayID or choose an existing PayID payee, and enter the amount
3. If the payee is registered for PayID, their name will be displayed on the payment screen to reassure you that your payment is going to the right place
4. Once you confirm, the payment will be delivered in real time.
FAQs about PayID
No, people can still pay into your account using your BSB and account number. But with PayID, they have the reassurance of seeing that it’s you they’re paying (because your account name appears on screen) before they confirm the payment.
Things you should know
1 Fast or real-time payments are sent and received using Osko by BPAY and can be addressed to either a PayID or a BSB and account number. You can also receive fast payments via Single Credit Transfers. Real-time payments require both the payer and payee to have Osko enabled accounts. Payments may take longer in some instances, such as where there is a technical interruption to the service, there is a payment to a first time payee or when the payment is caught for additional security screening.
Personal customers can send and receive fast Osko payments to and from participating financial institutions with an eligible account (i.e. a personal transaction account).
The PayID types available to you may vary depending on your customer profile. If you register your mobile as a PayID, it needs to be the same as your SMS Protect CodeTM.
When your PayID is registered, your details (including your name) will be available to people who use the service and enter your mobile phone PayID.
Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Online Banking and the Westpac App. Normal mobile data charges apply.
Online Banking Security Guarantee
PayID® is a registered trademark of NPP Australia Limited and any use of its marks by Westpac is under license.
BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.