GET PAID IN NEAR REAL-TIME WITH PAYID AND OSKO®
What is it?
Forget about waiting days for a payment to hit your account. With Osko® and PayID, you can make and receive near-real time payments anytime day and night, even on weekends and public holidays.
How it works
If you have an eligible bank account in Online Banking, you can send and receive near real-time Osko® payments online using a BSB and account number.
You can also send and receive PayID payments to a mobile number, email address, Organisation ID or ABN (including ACN, ARBN and ARSN).
What’s in it for you?
Optimise your cashflow
- Get paid faster, with money received in near real-time
- Make payments on the due date, and hold onto your money longer
Make secure payments with confidence
Make a PayID payment and the name of the person will automatically display before you authorise the payment
Save time on account reconciliations
With a 280-character description field, you’ll find it easier to know who and what you’ve paid – and who and what’s been paid to your account.
What about PayID for my business?
If you’re a Sole Trader, you can do this in Online Banking or the Westpac App. For a company or business network, you’ll need to sign into Online Banking from a desktop.
You can only register a single PayID to one account at a time. If your mobile is registered to a personal account, you’ll have to register a different PayID type for your business account.
- Go to Service > Services
- Go to Account services and select PayID settings
- Select Create a new PayID
- Assign the bank account and select Confirm
You must be the Administrator of a Business Network to give users access to create a PayID. Go to Administration > User administration and select the Users.
What is Osko®?
- Osko® by BPAY® allows near real-time payments to be made between eligible accounts at participating financial institutions, 24/7 – even on weekends and public holidays
- Payments to PayIDs are Osko® payments
- Payments to a BSB and account numbers will automatically be processed by Westpac Online Banking as an Osko® payment if:
- you have an eligible Osko® account
- your payee has an eligible Osko® account and the payment is dated today (not a future dated or recurring payment)
- You will see the transaction appear with a payment method of Osko® or the Osko® logo when you make or receive an Osko® payment.
Frequently asked questions
Things you should know
* Fast or near real-time payments are sent and received using Osko® by BPAY® and can be addressed to either a PayID or a BSB and account number. Near real-time payments require both the payer and payee to have Osko® enabled accounts.
Payments may take longer in some instances, such as where there is a technical interruption to the service, there is a payment to a first time payee or when the payment is caught for additional security screening.
1. These must be registered by the owner for PayID to be used. The PayID types available to you may vary depending on your customer profile. If you register your mobile as a PayID, it needs to be the same as your SMS Protect CodeTM. If you register your ABN, it needs to be the same as the ABN on your Westpac profile. When your PayID is registered, your details (including your Business name) will be available to people who use the service and enter your ABN PayID.
Westpac Online Banking is only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Online and Mobile Banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.
BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.