Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to access and inclusion page Skip to search input

How to claim on your credit card or loan repayment policy

Important Note

Personal Loan protection is no longer sold. The information on this product is for existing Personal Loan protection policy holders. 


We want to reassure our existing customers that we will continue to service your insurance needs. Our Credit Card Repayment Protection, Personal Loan Protection and Flexi Loan Repayment Protection policies include job loss cover and unfit for work cover. If you’ve lost your job or have been stood down as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim under your policy. 

Lodging a claim is simple

Information needed when initially making a claim

Job loss claims A completed Unemployment/Job Loss claim form If you were employed by someone else - an employment separation certificate or a letter from your previous employer stating your period of employment, the reason your employment finished, and your employer’s name and contact details If you were self-employed or in a business partnership - documentation which satisfies the insurer of your loss of employment.
Unfit for work claims A completed Unfit for Work claim form, which your medical practitioner also needs to complete and sign. Documentation confirming the number of hours you worked in the 28 days before you stopped working, for example, payslips, invoices, or a letter from your employer or the company you were working for at the time.
Death claims A certified copy of the original death certificate (a claim form isn't required).

What happens after you claim?

You'll be contacted within 10 working days to either:

  • Confirm if your claim has been accepted, or
  • Request additional information to help reach a decision on your claim.

Need claim help?

If you have any questions, or would like help completing the claim form, call 1300 369 989.