Personal Loan Protection
Personal Loan protection is no longer sold. The information on this product is for existing Personal Loan protection policy holders.
We want to reassure our existing customers that we will continue to service your insurance needs. Our Personal Loan Protection policies include job loss cover and unfit for work cover. If you’ve lost your job or have been stood down as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim under your policy. Please read on to find details on how to make a claim, including the required claim forms.
Having Personal Loan Protection to help cover your repayments means you’ll have one less thing to worry about:
- Get your monthly repayments paid if you unexpectedly lose your job, for up to 180 days or until you return to work, whichever happens first
- Get your monthly repayments paid while you’re sick or injured and can’t work
- Have any balance owing paid off up to $100,000 if you pass away
- You can claim even if entitled to benefits from another source, such as workers compensation, sick leave or Centrelink.
Of course, like all insurance, some exclusions, limits and conditions apply. For example, if you voluntarily resign or accept a voluntary redundancy you aren’t covered for job loss. Also, if you were not working at least 15 hours or more per week when you became unfit for work, you will not be covered.
Personal Loan Protection will help pay your personal loan repayments if you:
- Lose your job
- Become unfit for work due to sickness, injury, or disease
- Die, it will pay the balance owing on your personal loan up to $100,000.
- You don’t pay more because of your age, job, or health record
- You can claim even if you are entitled to benefits from another source, such as workers compensation, sick leave or Centrelink.
How to claim
Lodging a claim is simple
- For Unemployment and Job Loss claims, download the
- For Unfit for Work claims, download the
- Alternatively, you may visit a branch to collect and lodge a claim form.
Information needed when initially making a claim
|Job loss claims||
|Unfit for work claims||
|Death claims||A certified copy of the original death certificate (a claim form isn't required).|
What happens after you claim?
You'll be contacted within 10 working days to either:
- Confirm if your claim has been accepted, or
- Request additional information to help reach a decision on your claim.
Need claim help?
If you have any questions, or would like help completing the claim form, call 1300 369 989.
Things you should know
Credit Card Repayment Protection, Flexi Loan Repayment Protection and Personal Loan Protection are issued by Allianz Australia General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (previously known as Westpac General Insurance Limited) (AAGIL) (issuer of the unfit for work and job loss covers) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (issuer of the death cover). AAGIL is a corporate authorised representative of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances, so please consider the Product Disclosure Statement or policy wording. To obtain a copy please call 1300 369 989.