Personal loan protection
Important notice to our customers
Westpac Group has announced an agreement with Allianz to continue to help us provide our customers with general insurance products.
If you are an existing Westpac insurance customer, you may be wondering what this means for you. Our agreement with Allianz means we will be able to continue to support our customers with their insurance needs and there is no change to your current Westpac insurance policy or any claim that may be in progress as a result of this announcement.
See our FAQs to learn more.
Personal Loan protection is no longer sold. The information on this product is for existing Personal Loan protection policy holders.
We want to reassure our existing customers that we will continue to service your insurance needs. Our Personal Loan Protection policies include job loss cover and unfit for work cover. If you’ve lost your job or have been stood down as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim under your policy. Please read on to find details on how to make a claim, including the required claim forms.
Having Personal Loan Protection to help cover your repayments means you’ll have one less thing to worry about:
- Get your monthly repayments paid if you unexpectedly lose your job, for up to 180 days or until you return to work, whichever happens first
- Get your monthly repayments paid while you’re sick or injured and can’t work
- Have any balance owing paid off up to $100,000 if you pass away
- You can claim even if entitled to benefits from another source, such as workers compensation, sick leave or Centrelink.
Of course, like all insurance, some exclusions, limits and conditions apply. For example, if you voluntarily resign or accept a voluntary redundancy you aren’t covered for job loss. Also, if you were not working at least 15 hours or more per week when you became unfit for work, you will not be covered.
Personal Loan Protection will help pay your personal loan repayments if you:
- Lose your job
- Become unfit for work due to sickness, injury, or disease
- Die, it will pay the balance owing on your personal loan up to $100,000.
- You don’t pay more because of your age, job, or health record
- You can claim even if you are entitled to benefits from another source, such as workers compensation, sick leave or Centrelink.
How to claim
Lodging a claim is simple
- For Unemployment and Job Loss claims, download the or complete the Online Unemployment/Job Loss Claim form
- For Unfit for Work claims, download the
- Alternatively, you may visit a branch to collect and lodge a claim form.
Information needed when initially making a claim
|Job loss claims||
|Unfit for work claims||
|Death claims||A certified copy of the original death certificate (a claim form isn't required).|
What happens after you claim?
You'll be contacted within 10 working days to either:
- Confirm if your claim has been accepted, or
- Request additional information to help reach a decision on your claim.
Need claim help?
If you have any questions, or would like help completing the claim form, call 1300 369 989.
(8.45am - 5pm, Mon-Fri AEST/AEDT)
Things you should know
Personal Loan Protection was issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (for the unfit for work cover and the job loss cover) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (for the death cover). This insurance was distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy. Like all insurance, some exclusions, limits and conditions apply. You can obtain the relevant Product Disclosure Statement by calling 1300 369 989.