Flexi Loan Repayment Protection
Flexi Loan repayment protection is no longer sold. The information on this product is for existing Flexi Loan repayment protection policy holders.
We want to reassure our existing customers that we will continue to service your insurance needs. Our Flexi Loan Repayment Protection policies include job loss cover and unfit for work cover. If you’ve lost your job or have been stood down as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim under your policy. Please read on to find details on how to make a claim, including the required claim forms.
Having Flexi Loan Repayment Protection to help cover your repayments means you’ll have one less thing to worry about:
- Get up to 3% of your balance owing paid each month, if you unexpectedly lose your job, for up to 180 days or until you return to work, whichever happens first
- Get up to 3% of your balance owing paid each month, while you’re sick or injured and can’t work
- Have the balance owing paid off up to $75,000 if you pass away
- You can claim even if entitled to benefits from another source, such as workers compensation, sick leave or Centrelink
- You don’t pay more because of age, job, or health record.
Of course, like all insurance, some exclusions, limits and conditions apply. For example, if you voluntarily resign or accept a voluntary redundancy you aren’t covered for job loss. Also, if you were not working at least 15 hours or more per week when you became unfit for work, you will not be covered.
The lower your balance, the less it costs
Flexi Loan Repayment Protection costs 30 cents for every $100 owing on your monthly balance, and is:
- Calculated on the balance owing at the end of each statement cycle when your monthly statement is produced
- Automatically added to your Flexi Loan balance each month.
|If the balance owing at the end of your Flexi Loan statement cycle is||The monthly premium is|
How to claim
Lodging a claim is simple
- For Unemployment and Job Loss claims, download the
- For Unfit for Work claims, download the
- Alternatively, you may visit a branch to collect and lodge a claim form.
Information needed when initially making a claim
|Job loss claims||
|Unfit for work claims||
|Death claims||A certified copy of the original death certificate (a claim form isn't required).|
What happens after you claim?
You'll be contacted within 10 working days to either:
- Confirm if your claim has been accepted, or
- Request additional information to help reach a decision on your claim.
Need claim help?
If you have any questions, or would like help completing the claim form, call 1300 369 989.
Things you should know
Credit Card Repayment Protection, Flexi Loan Repayment Protection and Personal Loan Protection are issued by Allianz Australia General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (previously known as Westpac General Insurance Limited) (AAGIL) (issuer of the unfit for work and job loss covers) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (issuer of the death cover). AAGIL is a corporate authorised representative of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances, so please consider the Product Disclosure Statement or policy wording. To obtain a copy please call 1300 369 989.