Value of a Veteran
Westpac Group’s purpose is creating better futures together – It’s what we do, who we are and why we come to work every day. The way we see it, no one understands service better than the courageous Australians who have served our country in the Defence Force, and their partners and families.
We were proud sponsors of the 2018 Sydney Invictus Games and 2019 Veterans Film Festival and continue to support the Veteran community through the Veteran’s Covenant and as a founding member and 2021 Gold Sponsor of the Prime Minister’s Veterans’ Employment Awards.
The mission of our Employee Action Group (EAG) is to:
- Attract, recruit, retain and mentor applicants
- Support Defence spouses
- Support Reservists
- Provide better financial outcomes for veterans and their families
Your next move
We are committed to making it easier for veterans, reservists and military partners to take their next career step with us.
Each individual will have their own preferred way of staying connected and supported when transitioning from military to a corporate career. At Westpac we are creating various ways for our veterans to feel supported and build a successful career within the Group, such as;
- Staying connected through The Veterans Employee Action Group (EAG)
- Working towards helping employers by identifying and assigning a military mentor, identified through the EAG to work closely with the new employee to help a successful transition.
- Working towards appointing an ally, a non-military mentor to each veteran starter. They will be appointed through the EAG to work as another support liaison. This contact will have a link to the military or an understanding and appreciation of the transition.
- Help with the veteran’s transition into a new career through a supportive network.
- Providing spouses support by helping them find opportunities aligned with partner posting cycles, skills and experience, mentoring, and flexible working where possible.
How to apply
Explore our current Westpac jobs
Apply for a role where you believe there is a fit
Ensure you answer the question during your application to identify that you’ve served in the Australian Defence Force, or if you are a partner of a current serving member.
Check out our resources page on networking, resume writing and the interview.
Find out more from our own veterans, reservists and partners of current serving members about what Westpac is doing to support their careers.
Helping veterans financially
Through the Veterans Covenant we are proud to recognise and acknowledge Australian veterans, Commonwealth veterans, reservists, and current members of the Australian Defence Force by providing them access to the Westpac Member Plus program available to all Veteran card holders and their families.
Card holders receive discounts across a range of consumer products aiming to provide better outcomes for veterans. Find out more:
- Visit any Westpac Branch
- Email email@example.com
- Search Westpac on Australian Partners of Defence (APOD)