Westpac’s Virtual Card is a secure and convenient way to manage your travel and procurement purchases from nominated suppliers.
Virtual means there is no physical plastic card. Rather it’s a 16 digit account number, just like a normal credit card with an expiry date and CVV number under your company name. Authorised employees can make electronic and telephone transactions through your nominated providers, who charge the Virtual Card account directly.
Westpac Virtual Card benefits and cost savings include:
- Reduction in manual reimbursements
- Ability to set up in the name of business or department
- Simplified reconciliation
- Online processing
- Multiple reporting options to suit business needs
- Security and control with no cash-out or cash transfer functionality
- Comprehensive reporting with enhanced data (dependent on supplier enablement)
- Integration with Expense Management/Electronic Reporting Systems is available.
Paying suppliers using a Virtual Card can help extend payment terms, easing the pressure on cashflow. The Virtual Card can assist organisations with contract negotiations with key suppliers. It can be used as a tool to negotiate early payment discounts, while still gaining the advantage of up to 55 days interest free post purchase before payment is due on the card.
The Virtual Card solution is also commonly used as a payment tool lodged at Travel Management Companies (TMCs) to conveniently use for travel related expenses. In addition, enhanced transaction data is available from certain travel providers giving management visibility, transparency and even greater control over expenses.