Moving your home loan to another bank
What you need to do
To switch to another lender, you’ll need to fully remove Westpac from your property title.
To start this process, fill out our Property & Security Request form at the end of this page.
Are you sure the grass is greener?
Our home loan team would love the opportunity to do whatever they can to keep you. Call 131 900.
Be careful with break costs
Fixed term loans often come with break costs if you leave early, which can run into the thousands. Know more.
Your home loan release form
Before you accept your refinance offer with another bank, call us on 131 900 and see what we can do in terms of matching their offer. We’ll also let you know what your mortgage discharge fee will be. If we were unable to change your mind, you can remove Westpac from your property title by filling out and submitting our Property & Security Request form.
What do I need to complete the form?
- Info about all borrowers
- Info on any guarantors
- Broker, Solicitor, Executor and Power of Attorney info
- Your home loan account numbers
- Info about new and existing securities, properties or term deposits
- The Court Order or The Power of Attorney (if applicable), if not already held by the bank.
Fill out the form to update the property’s security
Things you should know
* Hardship and disaster relief available to customers may be dependent on individual circumstances, and are subject to change.