Real time, efficient eFX capability
In a constantly changing market, our customers benefit from our fast, simple and effective eFX capability which ensures convenient price discovery and transparency. Westpac is an active liquidity provider via all major multibank portals/electronic communication networks on either a request for quote or executable streaming price basis.
We understand the market challenges faced by business and provide dedicated, 24-hour1 global sales and trading coverage with access to the world's major currency markets.
- Simultaneous pricing from your relationship banks ensures price transparency
- Fast deal confirmation
- Our system streamlines your treasury function while maintaining your existing banking relationship
- Reliable and competitive pricing in all major currencies.
- Westpac Direct Connection provides clients the option to connect their own desktop interface
- FXALL, 360T, Currenex and Bloomberg offer desktop interfaces to provide clients access to Westpac liquidity.
- 24 hour settlements – one full-service Sydney centre supporting all global offices (London, New York, Singapore and New Zealand).
Complementary to our traditional FX trading capability over the phone, we also provide an extensive eFX capability for corporate and institutional clients through a variety of platforms and offering competitive market rates. Our global reach is supported by our staff in our major dealing locations of Sydney, Auckland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Mumbai, London and New York.
Our electronic execution capability offers:
- Round the clock 24hr 5.5 days a week1 coverage providing seamless execution
- Access to high-quality liquidity whilst minimising market impact of client trades
- Competitive pricing reflective of our market view
- Low-latency connectivity, co-located in Equinix NY4
- Benchmark and algorithmic-execution capability for selected institutional clients.
Our proprietary platform - Online FX
If a customer is not SWIFT enabled or wants to move away from current manual workflows whilst maintaining segregation of duties and a secure environment, we recommend our proprietary system, Online FX. It provides:
- The ability to manage multiple dealing accounts within one over-arching corporate entity.
- ‘Real time’ transaction blotters for deals executed with us via either an ECN or over the phone.
- Electronic confirmation of all deals in a single platform.
- The ability to create, authorise and amend Standard Settlement Instructions (SSIs) and Non-Settlement Instructions (NSIs) and store both SSIs and NSIs for future use.
- The ability to settle multiple deals and currencies in a Net or Gross settlement in a single process.
- Capability to email settlement confirmation to a counterparty or receiving party.
- Email notification of maturing deals.
- Deal and settlement history instructions available online.
Rates & FX
Wholesale Foreign Exchange rates
Information is publicly available from online sources, including the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) website. For further information, please speak to your Westpac Foreign Exchange Dealer.
Things you should know
1. From open of business Mondays in Auckland to close of business Fridays in New York.