Helping you access your EFTPOS data online
You can now access a list of your EFTPOS terminal transactions and settlements in Westpac Live online banking. This feature makes it easier to view and manage your terminal’s sales, track card payments from your customers and export csv files for reconciliation.^
Your eStatement preferences are changing
We'll be automatically switching on your eStatements notifications soon. If you'd like to continue to receive paper estatements as well, call us on 1800 029 749 (from 8am - 8pm AEST) by 21 August 2020. You can also update your eStatement preferences in Westpac Live Online Banking from 22 August 2020.^
How to view your Transaction and Settlement listings
Note to Business Network Administrators
Provide yourself and your selected Users access to Merchant services in Westpac Live Online Banking.
View the Merchant services summary page either in:
- List view – navigate to Merchant services and click the link on your chosen Merchant member number.
- Tile view – click on the tile for your chosen Merchant member number.
If you have multiple Merchant member numbers, use the dropdown menu to select the account.
Under the Merchant ID, click on the ‘View transactions’ button to view transactions for that terminal.
You can also access your reporting from the top menu. Select ‘Transactions’ for transaction listings and 'Settlements' for merchant settlements.
To export your transactions and settlements to a csv file, select the ‘Export filtered transactions’.
Frequently asked questions
Merchant services in Westpac Live is temporarily unavailable for new merchant customers or existing merchant customers who joined since December 2019.
No. Merchant services are available for sole traders and Business Network customers only.
Yes. After the opt out period, you can change your preferences in Westpac Live Online Banking.
The email address on your statement notification is the primary business email address that you provided. You can find this in your customer profile in Westpac Live Online Banking.
From July 2020, there will be 30 days of historical transaction data available in Westpac Live Online Banking. Over the coming months, this will grow to a rolling total of 12 months of transaction data.
All Merchant activity displayed is based on available data derived from the last successful batch (run 5 days per week, excluding public holidays) of settlements and transactions processed, generally on a daily basis. However, this is not in real time and may be impacted by weekends, public holidays, outages and planned maintenance.
You will be able to view Visa, Mastercard, eftpos, Amex, UnionPay, Diners, JCB transactions.
You will be able to view Visa, Mastercard, eftpos. UnionPay for eligible products.
You will be able to see the following fields in your listing:
- Purchase with cash out
- MOTO purchase
- Pre-authorisation completion
- Cash out
- Card verification
- Tip adjustment
You must be an eligible merchant to view this feature.
Things you should know
^ For eligible Merchant facilities
1. Your Merchant Member Number (MMN) is a unique account number which represents all merchant service facilities that are used by your business or organisation. Providing the MMN can assist us to easily identify and help you with your merchant service facility. This MMN is visible to the Administrator via Westpac Live.
2. A unique site ID is assigned to Merchant IDs that share the same trading name and trading address.
3. Linked to your MMN you will have associated Merchant numbers (Merchant IDs) which are identifiers assigned to each individual Merchant product for your business. These are located on your monthly statement.
4. A terminal ID is assigned to each individual merchant terminal associated with a Merchant ID.