Helping you access your EFTPOS data online
You can now access a list of your EFTPOS terminal transactions and settlements in Westpac Online Banking. This feature makes it easier to:
- view and manage your terminal’s sales
- track card payments from your customers
- export CSV# files for reconciliation^
Frequently asked questions
Your Merchant Member Number (MMN) is a unique account number which represents all merchant service facilities that are used by your business or organisation. Providing your MMN can help us to easily identify your merchant service facility. Your MMN is visible to your Administrator in Westpac Online Banking.
Things you should know
^ For eligible Merchant facilities
* Your Merchant Member Number (MMN) is a unique account number which represents all merchant service facilities that are used by your business or organisation. Providing the MMN can assist us to easily identify and help you with your merchant service facility. This MMN is visible to the Administrator via Westpac Live.
# A CSV ( Comma-Separated Values) file is a file type that allows data to be saved in a tabular format.
† “Business day” means any day when Westpac is open for business in any State or Territory of Australia. If Westpac is closed in all States and Territories then that day won’t be a Business day. If Westpac’s offices are closed in your State or Territory but open in other States and Territories then Westpac will still regard that day as a Business day in every other State and Territory. Saturday and Sunday are not classified as Business days even though some branches may be open for business.
1. A unique site ID is assigned to Merchant IDs that share the same trading name and trading address.
2. Linked to your MMN you will have associated Merchant numbers (Merchant IDs) which are identifiers assigned to each individual Merchant product for your business. These are located on your monthly statement.
3. A terminal ID is assigned to each individual merchant terminal associated with a Merchant ID.