Westpac is Australia’s oldest bank and company, one of four major banking organisations in Australia and one of the largest banks in New Zealand. We provide a broad range of banking and financial services in these markets, including consumer, business and institutional banking and wealth management services.
Westpac Group's portfolio of financial services brands and businesses is focused on our purpose which is creating better futures together. It’s what we do, who we are and why we come to work every day.
From ensuring individuals can save, transact and borrow with confidence, to supporting the financial needs of small businesses, multi-national corporates, institutional and government clients, our customers are at the centre of everything we do.
Through our unique portfolio of brands comprising Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT and RAMS we support and serve over 12.7 million customers.
Westpac Group comprises of six major divisions:
- Consumer: Serving customers in Australia with a range of banking products under the brands of Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and RAMS.
- Business: Serving the needs of small to medium businesses and commercial and agribusiness customers across Australia. This division also includes Private Wealth supporting needs of high-net-worth individuals.
- Westpac Institutional Bank (WIB): Delivering a broad range of financial services to commercial, corporate, institutional and government customers operating in, and with connections to, Australia and New Zealand.
- Westpac New Zealand: Delivering banking, wealth and insurance services to consumer, business and institutional customers in New Zealand.
- Group Businesses: Comprising our head office and Australian support functions including treasury, technology, operations, property services, strategy, finance, risk, compliance, legal, human resources and customer and corporate relations.
- Specialist Businesses: Bringing together the Group’s non-core businesses that we ultimately plan to divest. These include superannuation, wealth platforms and investments, Auto finance, along with our operations in Fiji and Papua New Guinea. The sale of Life Insurance and Auto finance is expected to be completed in 2022.