Westpac is Australia’s oldest bank and company, one of four major banking organisations in Australia and one of the largest banks in New Zealand. We provide a broad range of banking and financial services in these markets, including consumer, business and institutional banking and wealth management services.
Westpac Group's portfolio of financial services brands and businesses is focused on our vision, which is
“To be one of the world’s great service companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow.”
From ensuring consumer customers can save and invest with confidence, to supporting the financial needs of small businesses, multi-national corporates, institutional and government clients, we put customers at the centre of everything we do.
Our business comprises five key customer-facing divisions which operate a unique portfolio of brands including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS. Through these brands we serve over 13 million customers.
The Group’s five customer-facing divisions are:
- Consumer Bank – responsible for sales and service to consumer customers in Australia under the Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS brands.
- Business Bank – responsible for sales and service to micro, small-to-medium enterprises and commercial business customers in Australia (for facilities up to approximately $150 million) under the Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA brands and Capital Finance. The division also provides specialist services for cash flow finance, trade finance, automotive and equipment finance, property finance, treasury and auto finance loans.
- BT Financial Group Australia (BTFG) – Westpac’s Australian wealth and insurance business, responsible for the manufacture and distribution of investment, superannuation, retirement products, wealth administration platforms, private banking, margin lending and equities broking as well as the manufacture and distribution of life, general and lenders mortgage insurance. BTFG operates a range of wealth, funds management brands including BT, Ascalon and Advance as well as operating under the brands of Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA for Insurance.
- Westpac Institutional Bank (WIB) – delivers a broad range of financial products and services to commercial, corporate, institutional and government customers with connections to Australia and New Zealand. Customers are supported through branches and subsidiaries located in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the United States and the United Kingdom. WIB is also responsible for the Group’s Pacific Banking operations providing a full range of banking services in Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
- Westpac New Zealand –responsible for sales and service of banking, wealth, and insurance products for consumer, business and institutional customers in New Zealand, operating under the Westpac New Zealand, Westpac Life and BT brands.
Other Group divisions include:
- Treasury – responsible for the management of the Group’s balance sheet including interest rate risk, funding and capital.
- Group Technology –responsible for technology strategy and architecture, infrastructure and operations, and applications development.
- Core Support – comprises functions performed centrally, including Australian banking operations, property services, strategy, finance, risk, legal, compliance and human resources.