Westpac is Australia’s oldest bank and company, one of four major banking organisations in Australia and one of the largest banks in New Zealand. We provide a broad range of banking and financial services in these markets, including consumer, business and institutional banking and wealth management services.
Westpac Group's portfolio of financial services brands and businesses is focused on our purpose which is Helping Australians Succeed. It’s what we do, who we are and why we come to work every day.
From ensuring customers can save and invest with confidence, to helping with the financial needs of small businesses, multi-national corporates, institutional and government clients, we put customers at the centre of everything we do.
Our business comprises four key customer-facing divisions which operate a unique portfolio of brands including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT and RAMS. Through these brands we serve over 13 million customers.
The Group’s four customer-facing divisions are:
- Consumer – responsible for sales and service to consumer customers in Australia under the Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT and RAMS brands.
- Business – responsible for sales and service to micro, small-to-medium enterprises, commercial business and Private Wealth clients in Australia under the Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT brands and Capital Finance. The division also provides specialist services for cash flow finance, trade finance, automotive and equipment finance, property finance, treasury and auto finance loans.
- Westpac Institutional Bank (WIB) – delivers a broad range of financial products and services to commercial, corporate, institutional and government customers with connections to Australia and New Zealand. Customers are supported through branches and subsidiaries located in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the United States and the United Kingdom. WIB is also responsible for the Group’s Pacific Banking operations providing a full range of banking services in Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
- Westpac New Zealand –responsible for sales and service of banking, wealth, and insurance products for consumer, business and institutional customers in New Zealand, operating under the Westpac New Zealand, Westpac Life and BT Funds Management (NZ) brands.
Other Group divisions include:
- Treasury – responsible for the management of the Group’s balance sheet including interest rate risk, funding and capital.
- Group Technology –responsible for technology strategy and architecture, infrastructure and operations, and applications development.
- Core Support – comprises functions performed centrally, including Australian banking operations, property services, strategy, finance, risk, legal, compliance and human resources.