Westpac Trade Finance
Westpac can provide you with short term, fixed rate finance for the shipment of goods
Flexible short term fixed rate finance
The advantages to both importers and exporters are that it is:
- Available in Australian dollars and most major currencies
- Has flexible terms and currencies
- Acts a useful cash management tool
- Fixed term to match that of the underlying trade transaction (not to exceed 180 days)
- Credit assessment undertaken to supply a credit limit based on your trade needs
- Interest can be charged on a discount (establishment) or yield (payment) basis
- Repayment is required in full at maturity
- Prepayment without penalty is allowed if within a 10 calendar day period prior to maturity.
The benefits for importers may include:
- Ability to obtain discount from your supplier by paying on an ‘at sight’ basis.
The benefits for exporters may include:
- Ability to obtain:
- pre-shipment finance for up to 30 days, or
- post-shipment finance for up to a maximum of 180 days including any pre-shipment finance (matching the underlying trade transaction).
Things you should know
Credit facilities are subject to application and the Bank's normal lending assessment criteria. Fees and charges may apply to the products and services listed. Full details of the Terms and Conditions for all the products and services which do not have a Product Disclosure Statement are available on application.