Waradha Internship Program
Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women to get an insight into the diverse opportunities in Westpac Institutional Bank.
What you'll get
- Join our paid 10 week full-time internship program where you'll get experience in key areas of Westpac Institutional Bank. Relocation support available.
- Exposure to a diverse client base, including Australasia’s largest corporate and financial institutions, global corporates, fund managers, insurance companies and banks - giving you the opportunity to gain confidence, broaden your network and develop your skills
- Hands-on experience where you're an integral part of a team to help deliver solutions for our clients
- An opportunity to be considered for Westpac's graduate program.
Hear from our inspirational Indigenous employees on how Westpac Group has helped build their careers and supported their personal aspirations.
Who we're looking for
Female Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply - we welcome applications from engineers, scientists and mathematicians, as well as those studying commerce and finance-based degrees - but you'll need to have an interest in banking and finance with a diverse skillset, including the ability to adapt and be flexible. Data skills are helpful but not essential.
- We want to fill our programs with original thinkers and innovators from all degrees of study. We embrace diversity, recognising the value people bring to us with their individual differences, qualities, ideas and insights
- We strongly encourage female Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply
- To apply you must have completed at least one semester of a university degree.
The application process
If you’re successful during our screening process, you’ll be invited to complete an online assessment which will help us determine how our values align as well as your suitability for the role.
You’ll receive an email detailing:
- What you need to do to complete the online assessment
- The deadline for completion - you may be given only 48 hours.
If you don’t complete your assessment in the timeframe specified, we won’t be able to consider your application further.
- Let us know you are interested by contacting the Indigenous Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Things you should know
Westpac Group acknowledges the Traditional Owners as the custodians of this land, recognising their connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Australia's First Peoples, and to their Elders, past, present and future.