Westpac Online Investment Loan Disclosures
We will use your personal information to send you offers for products and services we believe may be of interest and value to you (including by email, SMS or other means) unless you have previously told us that you do not want to receive marketing offers from us. The products and services offered may be provided by us or one of our third-party partners. If you do not want to receive direct marketing offers from us, you can manage your marketing preferences within online banking, let us know using the contact details in our Privacy Statement or follow the opt-out instructions in the message.
(i) Credit consent
By making this application, you consent to us:
- Obtaining credit information about you from a credit reporting body so we can assess your creditworthiness
- Exchanging personal information and credit information about you with other credit providers in order for us or them to:
- Assess your applications for credit and your creditworthiness (including exchanging information about any defaults by you), and
- Manage credit borrowed by you.
- Disclosing your personal information (including information we already hold about you) to other co-applicants.
(ii) Application check consent
We may confirm the details of the information provided in your application which includes contacting your employer to confirm salary, address or other personal details.
(i) Acceptance of Credit
The application is not an offer or acceptance of credit.
Valuations obtained by us are ours for our own use and we are not obliged to make a copy available to you.
(iii) Purpose of Funds
You are not borrowing the funds for the purposes of purchase by a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund.
You state that:
- The account(s) will be held in the name of a person
- The account(s) will not be held in trust, and
- If you are known by any other name, you have already provided your other name(s) to us or you will contact us to provide your other name(s) as part of your application for the account(s).
Note: It is an offence under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 to:
- Give false or misleading information
- Receive a loan, credit card or deposit account in a false name.
We are required under domestic and international laws to collect and report financial and account information relating to individuals and organisations who are, or may be, foreign tax residents. We may ask you whether you or any shareholder, beneficiary, settlor or controlling person are a foreign tax resident from time to time, such as when you open an account with us, or if your circumstances change. If you do not provide this information to us we may be required to limit the services we provide to you.
Unless you tell us otherwise, by completing any application, you certify that any shareholder, named beneficiary, settlor or controlling person is not a foreign tax resident. You must tell us if you, or any shareholder, named beneficiary, settlor or controlling person is, or becomes, a foreign tax resident (unless an exemption applies, such as for shareholders of listed companies). Where there are no named beneficiaries (e.g. for beneficiaries identified only as a class) you must tell us if a beneficiary is a foreign tax resident immediately when any decision is made to identify and make a distribution to them. You may contact us to provide foreign tax residence information by calling 1300 725 863.
We cannot give tax advice, so please contact your independent tax advisor if you need help finding out whether any person is a foreign tax resident.