Take our Security Wellbeing Check to stay up-to-date.
Helping you stay safe
Safeguarding your information is our priority, which is why within the Westpac App we’ve introduced the Security Wellbeing Check – a comprehensive list of features that should be updated to ensure you’re provided with additional protection.
Banking and identity protection features
When in the Westpac App, if any of the below details are marked red, it’s important that you tap on the feature and update the relevant details:
- Contact details – If you move, or change your contact details, it’s important that you let us know so we can easily notify you of any suspicious activity detected on your account.
- SMS Code – Westpac Protect TM SMS Code provides added security and allows you to access extra features within Online and Mobile Banking.
- Daily Payment Limit – We recommend keeping your Daily Payment Limit to $1,500 or less for added security. You can increase the amount instantly within Online and Mobile Banking whenever you need to make payments above your daily limit.
- eStatements – Reduce the risk of identity theft by activating eStatements for your valid accounts.
- Latest app version – Keep your Westpac App updated to ensure you have the latest in security and features.
- Location – Allowing access to your location services enables us to check activity from unexpected places, as well as provide app services such as nearest Westpac branch and ATM locations.
How to take the Security Wellbeing Check
In the Westpac Mobile Banking app go to Self serve
Under Security and access, tap on the Security wellbeing check
Check all the sections above and action any areas in red
More tips on staying safe
Things you should know
Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers.
Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.
Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Westpac Live Online Banking Terms and Conditions. This includes keeping your sign-in details (including passwords, Westpac ProtectTM SMS codes and SecurID® Token codes) private. You must inform us immediately if you suspect the security of your access details has been compromised, or you suspect an unauthorised transaction or potential fraud on your accounts.