Self managed super fund investments
Why BT SMSF?
As Westpac’s wealth expert and one of Australia’s leading investment specialists, BT has been helping Australians manage, grow and protect their money since 1969. BT SMSF is built on the BT Panorama operating system, the award-winning platform* that helps you manage your SMSF in one convenient place.
Thousands of investments
It’s your choice with access to Australian shares, exchange traded funds (ETFs), term deposits, managed funds and managed portfolios.
Buy and sell in minutes
Buy and sell a wide range of investments online, just like you trade shares – without forms or paperwork each time.
See how you’re performing
See the big picture or drill into the detail. Monitor your portfolio, performance, pension, income and more.
Side by side with your banking
View your portfolio right alongside your Westpac everyday banking. Buy, sell and check your balance on any device – anytime, anywhere.
Open up your SMSF investment options
BT SMSF makes it easier to build the diversified portfolio you want with access to thousands of investments, all in one place.
Plus you’ll get:
Tools to help find and manage your investments
- Use the Investment Navigator to find investments in categories like International, Income, Property, and more.
- Get market updates relevant to your portfolio.
- View fund fact sheets and company information.
Tools to help save time at end of financial year
- Simple contributions and pension tracking.
- Consolidated tax reporting.
- An online document library to store, share and protect your important SMSF paperwork.
- Optional accountant access.
Your SMSF in the palm of your hand
- Check your SMSF balance and performance anytime, anywhere.
- Buy and sell investments straight from your phone.
Help when you need it
- When you have questions, our dedicated SMSF consultants and support team are here to help.
See what it's like to use BT SMSF
- Our Services
- Building a diverse portfolio
- Smart SMSF Functionality
Here’s a snapshot of the fees and costs that apply to the BT Panorama SMSF Administration Service – a tax and audit service for your SMSF.
We offer a choice of three simple administration packages – Core, Connect and Custom. So you’ll have the certainty of a flat dollar fee, plus the flexibility to add extras when you need them.
All fees include GST unless otherwise specified.
Designed for SMSFs who:
- Hold all assets in their BT Panorama Investments account or selected BT platforms1
- Hold Australian property (First property included)
- If they have an SMSF property loan it is with Westpac, St.George or BankSA where loan repayments are made from their linked bank accounts that support data-feeds to BT Panorama Investments2
From $3,500 p.a.
Designed for SMSFs who:
- Hold a mix of assets in their BT Panorama Investments account and externally3
- Hold Australian property (First property included)
- Have segregated assets (Additional fees apply)
- Hold more complex assets (e.g. derivatives, options, collectibles or foreign trading accounts)
Call 1800 622 910 to ask us for a quote.
|Trust Deed replacement||$187
$0 for first property (included in package fee)
$440 p.a. per additional property
||$550 p.a. per segregated member account
||ATO and ASIC fees
||We give you the flexibility to add these when you need them, so you only pay for what you need.
e.g. Changes in your trustee, additional tax services, actuarial certificates, pension administration and company maintenance.
Find out more about fees and costs
Current as at 26 October 2018. Fees and costs are subject to change.
1. Assets can be held in selected BT platforms including BT Panorama Investments and BT Wrap.
2. Talk to an SMSF consultant to check if your account supports data-feeds (we’ll need your account’s BSB number to check).
3. Assets that may be held externally include domestic assets (term deposits, listed equities, managed funds, managed portfolios, platforms and property), ASX listed instalment warrants (directly held), widely held trusts (unlisted), private unit trusts or companies, gold/silver bullion (via a bullion house) and directly-held foreign assets (cash, term deposits or listed securities).
We’re here for you if you need us
Get your questions answered
Our SMSF consultants are here to help answer your SMSF questions.
Get help transferring assets
If you would like to bring over your existing SMSF assets, we have a personalised concierge service to bring them across.
Things you should know
SMSF investment platform – BT Panorama Investments
Tax and audit – BT Panorama SMSF Administration Service
* BT Panorama won ‘Best Technology Offering’ at the Conexus Financial Superannuation Awards, 2017 and 2018. The awards recognise excellence in the superannuation industry and an independent committee selects the winners. Awards are opinions only, are not recommendations and are only one factor to be taken into account when deciding to acquire, dispose or hold interests in a BT Panorama Investments account. Awards and ratings are current at the time of publication but are subject to change.
The information on this webpage about Panorama products and services has been prepared by BT Portfolio Services Ltd ABN 73 095 055 208 AFSL 233715 (BTPS) and is current as at October 2018. The information provided is general in nature and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it and read the disclosure documents, including the terms and conditions or Product Disclosure Statement, before making any decision. All examples and images are for illustrative purposes only. Your portfolio value and performance are likely to be different and will depend on the investment options you have selected and the time period over which you are invested in those options. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
BT Portfolio Services Ltd ABN 73 095 055 208 AFSL 233715 (BTPS) operates Panorama Investments. Westpac Financial Services Ltd ABN 20 000 241 127 AFSL 233716 (WFSL) is the responsible entity and issuer of interests in BT Managed Portfolios. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) is the issuer of the BT Cash Management Account (BT CMA). Together, these products are referred to as the Panorama products.
A Product Disclosure Statement or other disclosure document (PDS) for the Panorama products can be obtained by contacting us on 1800 622 910 or by visiting www.bt.com.au/smsf. You should obtain and consider the relevant PDS before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in the Panorama products. In addition, BTPS is the provider of the Panorama SMSF Establishment Service and the Panorama SMSF Administration Service. The Guide and Terms and Conditions for these services are available on www.bt.com.au/smsf or by calling 1800 622 910.
BTPS and WFSL are subsidiaries of Westpac. Apart from any interest investors may have in Westpac term deposit products, Westpac securities and BT CMA acquired through the Panorama products, an investment acquired using the Panorama products is not an investment in, deposit with or any other liability of Westpac or any other company in the Westpac Group. These investments are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment of withdrawal proceeds and loss of income and principal invested. Westpac and its related entities do not stand behind or otherwise guarantee the capital value or investment performance of any investments acquired through the Panorama products.