Helping to make travel more rewarding
We’re enhancing your Altitude Platinum Mastercard from 15 October 2019.
Good news. Some recent changes to your Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard mean you now get extra card benefits, all designed to make travel and your everyday spend more rewarding.1
These changes come into effect on 15 October 2019.
The changes at a glance
1. Make traveling and overseas shopping more rewarding
Including Bonus Points on eligible flights and everyday purchases1.
2. Your existing benefits remain
You'll still have access to your existing platinum benefits including complimentary insurances.3
Frequently asked questions
Are purchases made through Spotify or Spotify Premium eligible for Accelerated Earn?
Spotify Premium (monthly Spotify subscriptions) purchases made at Spotify’s Australian website, are eligible for Accelerated Earn. Ticket purchases or merchandise purchased through Spotify are not eligible for Accelerated Earn Bonus Points.
How will I earn Bonus Points with Accelerated Earn partners on my Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard?
When you make eligible purchases with Accelerated Earn partners, you will earn Bonus Points at the Accelerated Earn rates are listed aboves. You will automatically receive the Bonus Points for the transactions made.
What are eligible purchases?
Eligible Purchases include purchases made on your card account, but exclude payments to the Australian Taxation Office, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers.
What flights are eligible for Accelerated Earn with airline partners?
Flight(s) purchased in Australia directly with participating airlines using your Altitude Platinum Mastercard are eligible for Bonus Points. Accelerated Earn excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating Airlines in Australia, for example flight purchased through a travel agent, online aggregator or other airlines such as a codeshare.
What Domestic Spend purchases are eligible for Accelerated Earn with Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay partners?
Any eligible purchases made in Australia with the participating Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay merchants listed above. Domestic Spend means purchases made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a merchant who is located within Australia.
What overseas purchases are eligible for Accelerated Earn?
Any Overseas Spend on eligible purchases. Overseas Spend means purchases made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a merchant who is located outside of Australia. This includes purchases made online with overseas merchants. Remember that Foreign Transaction Fees apply for Overseas Spend.
Who is eligible to earn Accelerated Earn Bonus Points?
Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard cardholders enrolled in Altitude Rewards are eligible for Accelerated Earn Bonus Points.
When can I start earning Accelerated Earn Bonus Points?
You can start earning Accelerated Earn Bonus Points with the participating Accelerated Earn partners (listed above) from 15 October 2019.1 The Bonus Points will be automatically credited to your Altitude Rewards account from 15 October 2019.
When will I start to see my Bonus Points on my statement?
You can view your Bonus Points per transaction from 15 October 2019 on www.altituderewards.com.au. An overall summary of your points will be included in your monthly statement cycle from 15 October 2019.
How long will it take for Bonus Points to be credited to my Rewards Account?
Accelerated Earn Bonus Points will usually be credited to your account within 2 – 10 business days.
Things you should know
1. Rewards points & eligible purchases: How you earn and redeem Altitude Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions available . Eligible Purchases include purchases made on your card account, but exclude payments to the Australian Taxation Office, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity Cards.
2. Accelerated Earn – Flights: Applies only to flights purchased directly with the participating airlines listed above using your Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines in Australia, for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators, or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity Cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.
3. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.