Helping you get more rewards for your spend.
We’re enhancing your Altitude Black Mastercard from 15 October 2019.
Good news. Some recent changes to your Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard mean you can earn more Altitude Rewards Points at the places you use your card every day.1 Add some airport lounge perks and you’ll find your card even more rewarding.
These changes come into effect on 15 October 2019.
The changes at a glance
1. Extra points on travel, shopping and more
Including Bonus Points on eligible flights and everyday purchases1.
2. Extra airport lounge benefits
Your complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits can now be shared with your travel companion4.
Extra airport lounge benefits
Your complimentary passes, as part of your membership, can now be shared with your travel companion4. You’ll also receive complimentary Digital Membership and enjoy:
• Access to over 1200 airport lounges worldwide.
• Over 800 dining, shopping and entertainment offers worldwide.
If you’re not already a member, enrol here.
Frequently asked questions
Are purchases made through Spotify or Spotify Premium eligible for Accelerated Earn?
Spotify Premium (monthly Spotify subscriptions) purchases made at Spotify’s Australian website, are eligible for Accelerated Earn. Ticket purchases or merchandise purchased through Spotify are not eligible for Accelerated Earn Bonus Points.
How will I earn Bonus Points with Accelerated Earn partners on my Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard?
When you make eligible purchases with Accelerated Earn partners, you will earn Bonus Points at the Accelerated Earn rates are listed above. You will automatically receive the Bonus Points for the transactions made.
What are eligible purchases?
Eligible Purchases include purchases made on your card account, but exclude payments to the Australian Taxation Office, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers.
What flights are eligible for Accelerated Earn with airline partners?
Flight(s) purchased in Australia directly with participating airlines using your Altitude Black Mastercard are eligible for Bonus Points. Accelerated Earn excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating Airlines in Australia, for example flight purchased through a travel agent, online aggregator or other airlines such as a codeshare.
What Domestic Spend purchases are eligible for Accelerated Earn with Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay partners?
Any eligible purchases made in Australia with the participating Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay merchants listed above. Domestic Spend means purchases made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a merchant who is located within Australia.
Who is eligible to earn Accelerated Earn Bonus Points?
Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard cardholders enrolled in Altitude Rewards are eligible for Accelerated Earn Bonus Points.
When can I start earning Accelerated Earn Bonus Points?
You can start earning Accelerated Earn Bonus Points with the participating Accelerated Earn partners (listed above) from 15 October 2019.1 The Bonus Points will be automatically credited to your Altitude Rewards account from 15 October 2019.
When will I start to see my Bonus Points on my statement?
You can view your Bonus Points per transaction from 15 October 2019 on www.altituderewards.com.au. An overall summary of your points will be included in your monthly statement cycle from 15 October 2019.
How long will it take for Bonus Points to be credited to my Rewards Account?
Accelerated Earn Bonus Points will usually be credited to your account within 2 – 10 business days.
What is Priority Pass?
As a Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Priority Pass membership and two complimentary lounge visits per year, one of which you will be able to share with an accompanying guest. Your lounge visits can be used at your choice of more than 1200 airport lounges worldwide. Remember you need to enrol in Priority Pass member to access this benefit and the benefit is subject to Priority Pass terms and conditions. Find out more here and enrol at www.prioritypass.com/westpacblack.
Has my Priority Pass benefit changed?
Yes. If you are an existing Priority Pass member you will be able to share one of your two complimentary lounge visits with an accompanying guest. You will also have access to a complimentary Digital Membership which can help you save money on dining and shopping with exclusive offers at airports around the world. Remember this benefit is subject to Priority Pass Terms and Conditions.
How do I get access to my Priority Pass membership and receive my two complimentary lounge visits?
If you are not already a member of Priority Pass through the Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard, you need to enrol in Priority Pass to access this benefit. Visit www.prioritypass.com/westpacblack and follow the prompts to enrol. You will then receive your Priority Pass membership card which you present on entry to the lounge to obtain your complimentary lounge visits.
When do I receive my Priority Pass membership card?
After you register with Priority Pass, your Priority Pass card will be sent to your preferred mailing address. The delivery times vary depending on your place of residence. You can also use your digital membership straight away by downloading Priority Pass app.
What if I want to access my Priority Pass sooner?
You can use your Digital Membership to gain access to most airport lounges. You should check with Priority Pass that you can access your preferred lounge using your digital membership card ahead of travelling. Download the Priority Pass app, log in and present it to the airport lounge reception staff.
How do I get the Priority Pass App?
Download the Priority Pass app to help you find and access lounges, navigate airports, manage your account and much more. To download the Priority Pass app, visit the website below and follow the prompts: www.prioritypass.com/en/member-support/apps
What if I want more than two lounge visits per year with Priority Pass?
Lounge usage in excess of two visits per 12-month membership period will be charged directly to your Altitude Black Mastercard at the prevailing visit fee which is currently US$32 per person, per visit. The first two visits within each 12-month membership period are complimentary, after which every visit would be charged as per the prevailing rate. Prices are current as of October 2019. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount.
How is the 12-month membership period for my complimentary lounge visits calculated?
The number of free visits will be reset to two per each 12-month period. The date of visits determines which year of membership the visit is allocated to. Unused visits cannot be carried forward to the following 12-month period of membership.
Where can I find out more about Priority Pass?
If you have enquiries about the Priority Pass program, contact Priority Pass by visiting the Contact Us page on prioritypass.com. For full details on terms and conditions, visit Priority Pass website at prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use.
Things you should know
1. Rewards points & eligible purchases: How you earn and redeem Altitude Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions available . Eligible Purchases include purchases made on your card account, but exclude payments to the Australian Taxation Office, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity Cards.
2. Accelerated Earn – Flights: Applies only to flights purchased directly with the participating airlines listed above using your Altitude Black Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines in Australia, for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators, or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity Cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.
3. Accelerated Earn – Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay: Applies only to domestic spend made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a Merchant who is located in Australia. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity Cards.
4. Priority Pass Membership: Available to Westpac Altitude Black primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. Requires enrolment through prioritypass.com/westpacblack. The Primary Cardholder receives two complimentary visits in any 12-month period, one of which may be used by an accompanying guest. Subsequent visits in the 12-month period incur an additional cost, currently US$32 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged to the primary cardholder’s Altitude Black Card. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Unused visits expire and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Visit the Contact Us page on prioritypass.com for enquiries about the Priority Pass program. Subject to the Priority Pass Conditions Of Use available at prioritypass.com/westpacblack.