Help gives you 200 big ones
Special offer for a limited time.
Get $200 cash back to your account, when you spend $400 or more within 90 days of card approval1. And to reward Westpac customers like you, there will be no annual card fee in the first year – currently saving you $59 2.
Offer available between 3rd April 2019 and 26th June 2019. New cards only.
Why choose the Low Rate card?
- Get a low variable rate of 13.49% p.a. on purchases.
- Withdraw cash at a variable rate of 19.49% p.a.
- Pay no annual card fee for the first year, saving $59 2
- Pay no interest on purchases for up to 55 days when you pay off your balance in full each month.
How does a Westpac credit card help me?
Plan smarter repayments
Use our SmartPlan repayment planner to break large purchases or balances down into regular instalments while keeping interest-free days.4
Track your spending easily
Adjust payment limits, place your card on hold and track your balance quickly and easily using the Mobile Banking app.
Frequently asked questions
SmartPlan helps you stay on top of large purchases and balances by breaking them down into regular installments.4
Credit card balance SmartPlan
Turn any of your outstanding purchase, cash advance or promotional plan (e.g. balance transfer) balances of $200 or more into a SmartPlan. The purchase balance SmartPlan type is currently available at a lower interest rate.4
Large purchase SmartPlan
Create a large purchase SmartPlan to help you pay off an individual ‘big ticket’ item of $500 or more that you’ve bought on your card in the last 30 days – think purchases such as a flight, hotel bill or even a new fridge. Large purchase SmartPlans are currently available at a lower interest rate.4
The security of your card and information is extremely important to us. We have a range of security measures in place to ensure that your account is protected, including online. Westpac Added Online Security provides extra peace of mind when shopping online at participating retailers.
We also have your back if something does go wrong. Our Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
|Annual card fee||$0 for the first year (saving $59)2|
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
If the card has a negative balance after the transaction: 2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150).
If the card has a positive balance after the transaction: $2.50
These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Duplicate statement fee||$2.00|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of 2,900 ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs). Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Available on new Westpac Low Rate credit cards only. Switches, upgrades or customers accessing employee benefits are ineligible. This introductory offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotion. Read the Terms and Conditions available for download above before making a decision.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
1. Cash back promotion: The cash back offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Low Rate credit card between 3rd April 2019 and 26th June 2019 and spend $400 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. Only one cash back will be paid per customer. The $200 cashback will be paid as a statement credit to your respective Low Rate credit card account within 60 days of meeting minimum spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold a Low Rate credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months and packaged cards are not eligible for this offer. Cannot be used in conjunction with the balance transfer promotion.
2. No annual card fee in the first year: The first year annual card fee waiver is available when you apply for a new Westpac Low Rate credit card between 3rd April 2019 and 26th June 2019. The first annual card fee will be debited to your card account on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction (including balance transfers) on your account and annually thereafter.
3. Card on Hold: Available on personal credit cards and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
4. SmartPlan Disclaimer: SmartPlan requires monthly payments to be made for the term calculated and at the applicable interest rate when the SmartPlan is entered into. All payments made to your account will be applied first to any SmartPlan instalments, so debts accruing a higher interest rate may be left unpaid during the SmartPlan term. Your balance transfer must have a maximum of 36 months and a remaining term of at least 3 months to be eligible for a SmartPlan. See SmartPlan for more details. SmartPlan cancellation takes up to 2 Business Days. Any SmartPlan Remaining Balance will revert to the variable interest rate for your balance type or special offer rate as applicable.
Discounted rates may not apply to cards with existing promotional rates. Discounted rates will not apply to Westpac Lite Mastercard. Establishment fees apply on a Large Purchase SmartPlan.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Samsung, Galaxy S are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design and Tap & go are trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.