How does the Westpac Protect™ Security Code provide extra protection?
You may be prompted to use a Security Code when:
- paying a new payee
- making a first time payment to a new BPAY biller and reference number
- making an International Payment
- requesting for issue of a bank cheque to a person who doesn’t appear in your bank cheque payee list (bank cheque functionality coming soon)
- increasing your daily payment limit
- updating your personal contact details
- resetting your Westpac Online Banking password online before signing in
- accessing Administration if you're a network administrator
- approving changes to your business network if you're a network administrator
This Security Code will be sent to your mobile automatically and acts as an extra layer of security to ensure that you have authorised the transaction or limit increase.
Recently paid BPAY® billers or payees you’ve paid before will not require a Security Code.