I can see my card in my Fitbit but the transaction is declining. Why?
If your Fitbit Pay transaction is declined, check if the message ‘Verification Needed’ appears on the card in the Fitbit app. If that message appears you’ll need to complete verification by requesting a one-time passcode. You will not be able to use Fitbit pay until you have completed verification.
Some other possible reasons for why the transaction is declining even though the mobile card still appears in the Fitbit smart watch, include:
- The plastic card has been closed;
- There’s a block on the card;
- The card has expired;
- The card has insufficient funds for the transaction;
- The payment amount is greater than $100 and the contactless terminal has not promted you to enter a physical card PIN;
- Incorrect PIN has been entered at the terminal.