How do I get an emergency card replacement while I'm overseas?
- First, contact the access number for the country you're in to book a reverse charge call.
- Then request the call be placed to +61 2 9155 7700 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week), or for Black cardholders +61 2 9155 7711
- Please note that calls made from mobile phones or hotel rooms may attract additional charges, not covered by the reverse charge service.
- Alternatively, Mastercard® and Visa may be able to help you with emergency replacement cards and emergency cash advances
- You will either be provided with a number to call, or will be asked for the details listed on your Westpac records, such as your:
- Address in Australia
- Phone number in Australia.
- These details need to match the contact details we have for you in our customer profile at Westpac, as Mastercard and Visa will ask us to confirm the information you provide.
Our emergency card replacement and cash service
If your card is lost or stolen, take advantage of our Emergency Card Replacement service, where a replacement card can usually be provided within 2 business days.
Additionally, by advising us that your Debit Mastercard®, Handycard or credit card is missing may protect you from liability for any subsequent misuse of your card.
You also have access to an emergency cash advance - subject to your available credit limit and your account being in good standing.