New security feature to manage user access in Corporate Online
Effective from Monday 27th July 2020 the following security feature is available in Corporate Online to enhance your online banking:
Additional security feature to manage user access
Corporate Online now supports the option to restrict user access by the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used by your computer network.
Once registered, when a user enters their Customer number and Password to sign-in, Corporate Online checks the IP Address received and will only allow access if this is within the nominated IP address range(s).
What to consider:
- IP address restrictions can be applied to all users or selected individuals.
- Administrators can be allowed to maintain which users this security feature applies to and this provides the ability for a business continuity plan to be actioned much faster
- Updates to the registered IP address(s) requires an amendment form
- Your Information Technology (IT) personnel can assist with determining what IP address range(s) are used to access Corporate Online or refer to the user activity report available to your administrator(s)
- After IP address restrictions are applied the selected user(s) cannot access Corporate Online using the Corporate Mobile application (Apple or Android)
How to apply:
For your organisation to register for this additional security feature the Corporate Online organisation amendment form – Internet access restrictions must be completed and signed then sent to your Westpac representative.
Please contact your Westpac representative for further information on the Corporate Online internet protocol (IP) address security feature.
For assistance over the phone please refer to the Corporate Help Desk contact details and hours of availability for further details.