Accept credit and debit card payments with your smartphone anywhere, anytime, using our Mobile PayWay app and a secure card reader.
Customers always want choice; not only in products available, but in ways to pay with their credit card, be that online or over the phone.
Simple, secure, seamless
- Take payments and issue refunds all on your mobile device
- Automatic, same day settlement to your nominated Westpac bank account1
- No minimum monthly fees - only pay for transactions you process (other fees may apply)
- Compatible with most debit and credit card types - including MasterCard®, Visa, eftpos and American Express®2
- Available on iPhone and iPad utilising iOS 7 and above (iPhone must be 4S or later) or Android™ (version 4 or above)
- View your last 20 transactions on the go
Better business management
- Accept card payments up to a maximum limit of $7,500 per month
- Quickly and easily email receipts to customers
- Assign multiple users to the one facility, each with their own password
Support at hand
- Easy troubleshooting using the Mobile PayWay App
- Contact our HelpDesk team 24/7 for any technical questions on 1800 029 749
How it works
Using Mobile PayWay (once you have your card reader):
- Securely log in to the app with your login name
- Pair your card reader via Bluetooth®
- Once connected and paired, you can start taking payments
- Once processed, you can email receipts, give refunds and look up your previous transactions (up to the last 20)
Pair via Bluetooth®
Watch Mobile PayWay
Mobile PayWay - the versatile payment option for your customers which helps you maximise sales while you're on the go.
- Connect the secure Westpac card reader to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth
- Allocate unique payment reference numbers for easier reconciliation and reporting
- Rechargeable card reader battery so you can confidently process transactions for extended periods of time
There are no minimum ongoing monthly fees - you only pay for transactions you make:
- Credit transaction fee - 2.4% of each transaction amount
- Debit transaction charge - $0.30 per transaction
- Card reader fee - $100.00 for each card reader.
All of the above fees are GST inclusive. Additional fees apply; see our Terms and Conditions.
How to apply
To start, you will need a Business Transaction Account to settle your Mobile PayWay sales into. If you don't have one already, you can apply for a Business One account.
Next, start applying for Mobile PayWay online. You'll need to provide details about:
- Your business type and structure
- Estimated average card sale
- Nominated Westpac account you'd like to settle to (the name of this account must match your registered business or personal name)
Once we have processed and approved your application, we will send you your Card Reader. The approval process itself can take about 5 business days.
Not sure which merchant is right for you?
Compare all merchants to find the right merchant service for you
Things you should know
Applications for Mobile PayWay are subject to approval. PayWay fees apply and will be provided on application. Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Full details are available upon request. This service is only available for Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is required to use Mobile PayWay. Normal mobile data charges apply.
1. Applies to transactions processed before 6pm (Sydney time). Settlement takes place 7 days a week, 365 days a year - subject to system availability. Settlement must be to a Westpac account.
2. If you want to accept American Express, you'll need to call 1300 363 614 to enter into a separate merchant agreement with American Express.
World MasterCard®, MasterCard® and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express. The Westpac American Express Card is issued by Westpac Banking Corporation pursuant to a license from American Express.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Watch is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.