Your new way to get paid when you’re on the move.
What you get
Take payments on the go with Westpac’s Genie. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket, but powerful enough to track your sales, and even send, manage and chase invoices. Genie is a little bit of magic that makes getting paid easier.
With Genie you’ll get the tools you need to manage your business on the go.
Take payments, track sales and manage invoices from your mobile. Works with AndroidTM and iPhone. Access Genie from your desktop via the secure web portal.
Genie card reader
It's easy to use, secure and reliable. Small enough to add it to your belt or pop it in your pocket. Take card payments anywhere, anytime with ease.
Transaction account with Online Banking
Business One Low transaction account (monthly fee waived while on a Genie Pricing Plan)3. If you're new to Westpac, we'll set you up with access to Online Banking and our award winning1 Westpac Mobile Banking Apps.
1. Create and send an invoice in just a few taps.
2. Add messages to your invoices.
3. Track overdue invoices and total amounts owing.
4. Easily see your communications with your customer, and chase payments from the app.
1. Create shortcuts for your popular products and services.
2. Add Images and descriptions and choose whether GST applies on each.
3. Items will sync across your devices so they’re with you wherever you go.
4. Keep track of your top selling items and how many you’ve sold.
1. Email receipts – enter an address or look up from your contacts list.
2. View all your receipts and see a summary of your takings by day, week and month.
3. View itemised breakdown of each transaction and re-send receipts.
4. Your customer will get an itemised email too.
If your card turnover fluctuates month to month, you can choose to only be charged for the payments you process.
Our Pay As You Go (PAYG) option is designed to give you confidence and flexibility when managing your expenses.
All eftpos, MasterCard® and Visa transactions will be charges at a flat rate of 1.95% (inc. GST).
There is also a $100 up front cost for your card reader which will be charged when you establish your facility.
We want to get you up and running to accept payments as quickly as possible.
Generally, it takes less than 5 business days to receive your card reader, and you’ll be able to send invoices as soon as your facility is approved.
Apply online or over the phone. Our simple application takes less than 10 minutes, and includes everything you need to start accepting payments, including an Genie account and card reader, a Business One Low transaction account and Debit MasterCard®.
If you’re already a Westpac customer, you can also choose to settle into an eligible existing account.
If approved, we’ll send you an email with your new details and an SMS with your Genie password straight away.
We’ll send out your card reader within 1 business day and send you a tracking link once it’s been dispatched.
Once you receive your card reader and install the Genie Mobile app* on your Android™ or iPhone, you’ll be able to start taking payments instantly.
Things you should know
Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request. Genie is currently available for Sole Traders and Sole Director companies only.
The Genie Mobile app is available on iPhone running iOS 8 or later and devices running Android™ 4.4 and above with Bluetooth® 4.0 compatibility.
1. Winner of the Best Innovative Online Banking Service in Money Magazine's 2015 Best of the Best Innovation awards and Good Design Award in the category of Digital and Online design - Good Design Australia 2014.
2. Genie Plans are not available for use outside of the indirect tax zone.
3. The Monthly Plan Fee for your Business One (Low) account will be waived while you continue to hold a Merchant Facility on a Genie Plan and settle to this account. The Business One (Low) account must be in the same name as the Merchant Facility. This offer is not applicable for any other account type and for a single account per Merchant Pricing Plan only. All other account fees and charges apply. Where you do not hold a Business One (Low) account or cease to hold a Merchant Facility on an Genie Plan, the standard Monthly Plan Fee will apply for the account. We may withdraw or vary any benefit under this offer by providing you 30 days’ written (including electronic) notice. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
4. Cancellation fees apply
World MasterCard®, MasterCard® and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Watch is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.