EFTPOS 1 fees and charges
- Apply online in 15 minutes by choosing a plan with a Included Value amount that suits your monthly turnover for Visa, Mastercard and eftpos card payments.
- Flexible plans that let you change at any time1.
- There is no limit to the number of payments you can take, but a 1.5% fee applies to eftpos, Visa and Mastercard payments that are processed over the Included Value in your plan in a calendar month. Payments from other card types have separate rates and don't fall within the Included Value.
|Monthly plan fee
(eftpos, Visa & Mastercard)
|Apply now||Apply now||Apply now||Apply now||Apply now|
|Installation fee||An installation fee will be charged per location visit each time a change of terminal(s) is requested This fee covers the processing, delivery and training costs associated with this additional servicing|
|Establishment fee||A one-off fee is charged when you first become one of our merchants. The Establishment Fee covers the cost of setting you up on the Westpac system and providing a starter kit which contains: Stationery Product user guides The Terms and Conditions brochure Merchant Operating Guide|
|Debit purchase (EFTPOS) merchant service fee||This is the fee we charge to a merchant for processing debit purchase transactions. It covers our cost of seeking authorisation from the cardholder’s bank or other financial institution via the EFTPOS system when the card is swiped It also covers the cost of collecting funds from the cardholder’s financial institution and crediting them to your account.|
|Debit cash out (EFTPOS) card fee||This is the fee we charge to a merchant for processing cash out or debit purchase + cash out transactions. It covers our cost of seeking authorisation from the cardholder’s bank or other financial institution via the EFTPOS system when the card is swiped It also covers the cost of collecting funds from the cardholder’s financial institution and crediting them to your account.|
|UnionPay merchant service fee||When your customers use a UnionPay credit or debit card to make a payment, we charge a combined Merchant Service Fee based on volume and value per card type. UnionPay merchant service fee is charged as a % of gross dollar value processed.|
|Authorisation fees||Authorisation fees will be applicable where this service is required This fee will apply either when an ‘operator’ is required to facilitate an approval or where the merchant selects an automated process This fee will apply for all authorisations, including those where the transaction has been declined.|
|Chargeback fee||This fee partially covers the cost to banks of resolving a chargeback (disputed transaction).|
|Equipment not returned / damaged||The following charges apply if closed facilities or terminals are not returned or terminals/ facilities are damaged as a result of negligence: up to $550 for EFTPOS facilities up to $2,200 for Mobile EFTPOS facilities up to $200 for EFTPOS Contactless Readers Please note that the terminals supplied to you remain the property of the relevant terminal supplier. To request hardware returns, call the Help Desk on 1800 029 749.|
|Excessive chargeback fee||The Bank reserves the right to apply an Excessive Chargeback Fee where it is deemed that excessive chargebacks have been incurred over a given period of time If you are to be charged this fee you will be notified in writing one month prior to any fee being charged This fee applies in addition to the Chargeback Fee referred to above.|
|Minimum merchant service fee||This fee is charged if cumulative charges for Credit Card Merchant Service Fee, Debit Purchase (EFTPOS) and Debit Cash Out (EFTPOS) Merchant Service Fee, Interchange Fees and On Charged Scheme Fees per month do not exceed the minimum Merchant Service Fee amount.|
|Temporary EFTPOS facility fees||Where a merchant requires a terminal on a temporary basis, a special monthly terminal access fee will be applicable in addition to other fees Where we approve a temporary facility, the period of time will be agreed to in writing at the commencement of the agreement.|
|Cancellation fee||A cancellation fee of $110 including GST is charged for closure of each merchant location (terminal solutions) or per facility (online facilities). This fee covers the administration cost of closing your merchant outlet(s) and the recovery of the equipment The fee to be charged will be set out in our Letter of Offer to you Where the agreement is for a fixed period of time, the closure fee will be higher if the facility is cancelled prior to the agreed expiry date|
Get a terminal, get an account
Business One Low monthly account fee waived for the first 12 months when you take out an EFTPOS 1 terminal and stay on a Merchant Pricing Plan (saving you $120).
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Find out more
Things you should know
Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and Conditions and other fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request.
1. The Establishment Fee will be waived for successful application for a new Merchant Facility with an EFTPOS 1 standalone or Presto Smart terminal on a Merchant Pricing Plan. Eligibility criteria apply for a Merchant Facility and Merchant Pricing Plans. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
2. Cancellation fee applies.
3. Westpac instant settlement functionality is not available between 9:30pm and 11:59pm (Sydney time) for all EFTPOS 1 terminals and is not available between 9:30pm and 11:00pm (Sydney time) for all other terminal types. You can only settle a Westpac issued EFTPOS terminal once within a 24 hour period. Subject to system availability, settlement can take place 7 days a week. Settlement must be to a Westpac account. Instant settlement functionality is not available on Corporate Online and is only available for Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions.
4. The monthly account fee, currently $10 per month, for your Business One Low account will be waived for the first 12 months while you continue to hold and settle a Merchant Facility on a Merchant Pricing Plan. After the end of 12-month period, the standard monthly account fee (applicable at that time) will be applied. The Business One Low account must be in the same name as the Merchant Facility. This offer is not applicable for any other account type and for a single account per Merchant Pricing Plan only. All other account fees and charges apply. Where you do not hold a Business One Low account or cease to hold a Merchant Facility on a Merchant Pricing Plan, the standard monthly account fee will apply for the account. We may withdraw or vary any benefit under this offer by providing you 30 days’ written (including electronic) notice. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
5. Changes to merchant pricing plans are effective from the following month.
^To be eligible for the Westpac Merchant Pricing Plan you must hold and settle into a Westpac business transaction account in the same name as the Merchant Facility. Not available for use outside of the indirect tax zone. One terminal per Merchant Pricing Plan, per Merchant and available for EFTPOS 1 products only.
7. Included Value means the total maximum dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions that can be processed through your Merchant Facility per calendar month included in the Participation Fee. If the Included Value is exceeded in a calendar month, a 1.5% fee applies to the total dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions processed that exceeds the Included Value. Other card types are not included in the Westpac Merchant Pricing Plans and are subject to separate pricing.