29 January 2019
With Westpac’s bicentenary year behind us, Westpac Bicentennial Foundation is changing its name to reflect what is central to its vision and purpose – the scholars. From today, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation will be known as Westpac Scholars Trust - putting the people who are at the heart of everything it does, front and centre.
It’s business as usual
Did you know that this year, Westpac Scholars Trust will be awarding its 400th Westpac Scholar? That’s people like prosthetics innovator, Mat Bowtell, who is dedicating his life to making 3D printed prosthetic limbs for children - for free. Watch Mat’s story on Westpac Wire:
Awarding 100 scholarships every year, forever, Westpac Scholars Trust will continue to back tomorrow’s leaders, thinkers, innovators and pioneers to help create a brighter future for everyone.
For those who need a recap, here’s a summary of the five scholarship programs:
- Young Technologists – supporting undergraduates who are passionate about the power of technology and innovation to drive Australia’s economy.
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship – supporting undergraduates who are interested in Asia and want to actively contribute to Australia's success in the region in their chosen field.
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship - supporting the development of social leaders from all sectors who have the vision and commitment to deliver positive social change for Australia.
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship – supporting exceptional individuals to undertake postgraduate study at Australia’s leading universities.
- Westpac Research Fellowship – supporting early career researchers to undertake ground breaking research that can make a difference to Australia in one of the Foundation’s funding priority areas.
To find out more about the Westpac Scholars Trust, visit the website: www.westpac.com.au/scholarships